Subject: [video-codec] For all interested contributors...

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:59:33 -0500

[as chair]

In Prague, I was approached by a working group participant who was 
unsure about when and how to bring potential technical contributions to 
the NETVC working group.

So, to be clear: if you have any ideas, or techniques, or 
implementations -- from the tiniest tweak to existing algorithms to a 
full-fledged and working video codec -- you are strongly encouraged to 
bring them to the working group as soon as you are able to do so [1].

Depending on the size and nature of your work, this could take the form 
of a simple email to the working group mailing list. More involved 
techniques can be contributed as internet-drafts. If you have code that 
you want to contribute, a pointer to a repository would be great. If you 
have proposals for improving the current codecs that have already been 
brought to the working group, this might take the form of pull requests 
against the Daala [2] and Thor [3] repositories (and followup mails to 
the mailing list).

If you remain unsure about how to participate, please reach out directly 
to me or Mo, and we'll help you figure out how to get involved.

Thanks!

/a
____
[1] Assuming you can do so in accordance with BCP 78 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp78> and BCP 79 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp79>

[2] https://github.com/xiph/daala

[3] https://github.com/cisco/thor