Subject: [video-codec] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-grange-vp9-bitstream-00.txt

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 15:32:40 +0200

I don't think we ever remembered to send this notification to the list 
at the time of publication.
Late is better than never...

         Harald

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-grange-vp9-bitstream-00.txt
Date: 	Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:52:58 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A VP9 Bitstream Overview
	Author(s)       : Adrian Grange
                           Harald Alvestrand
	Filename        : draft-grange-vp9-bitstream-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
    This document describes VP9, a video codec being developed
    specifically to meet the demand for the consumption of video over the
    Internet, including professionally and amateur produced video-on-
    demand and conversational video content.  VP9 is an evolution of the
    VP8 video codec that is described in [bankoski-rfc6386] and includes
    a number of enhancements and new coding tools that have been added to
    improve the coding efficiency.  The new tools that have been added so
    far include: larger prediction block sizes up to 64x64, various forms
    of compound INTER prediction, more modes for INTRA prediction,
    &#8539;-pel motion vectors, 8-tap switchable sub-pixel interpolation
    filters, improved motion reference generation, improved motion vector
    coding, improved entropy coding including frame-level entropy
    adaptation for various symbols, improved loop filtering, the
    incorporation of the Asymmetric Discrete Sine Transform (ADST),
    larger 16x16 and 32x32 DCTs, and improved frame level segmentation.
    VP9 is under active development and this document provides only a
    snapshot of the current state of the coding tools as they exist
    today.  The finalized version of the VP9 bitstream may differ
    considerably from the description contained herein and may encompass
    the exclusion or modification of existing coding tools or the
    addition of new coding tools.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grange-vp9-bitstream

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grange-vp9-bitstream-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt