Subject: [Tools-implementation] Database dumps for developers.

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 13:07:43 -0500

We are currently producing scrubbed (passwords removed and similar) 
dumps of the datatracker database on Henrik's servers (but have plans to 
move that to IETFA). These are used by developers and the sandbox.

We also have plans to produce scrubbed dumps of the website database for 
use by developers.

We will also likely have others in the future (a dump of the guides 
database for instance).

These scrubbed dumps should live in one of our buckets I think. I 
suggest they go into derived (given that they can be recreated if 
destroyed).

I propose raw dumps are not something that should land in any of these 
buckets.

RjS

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 20:22:06 +0200

Seems reasonable to me.

	Henrik

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:34:48 -0700

> Seems reasonable to me.

Me too...

>> I propose raw dumps are not something that should land in any of these

+1 - I have a moderate to strong preference to continue doing what I'm 
doing with /a/dumps, and /a/dumps-p.  :-)  (Nightly dumps of both 
database engines, rotated, for emergency recovery use by AMS staff if 
it's ever needed.)

Glen

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 14:44:08 -0400

How about 

	./dev/dump/datatracker
	./dev/dump/wagtail
	./dev/dump/guides
	...

Russ

> On Sep 16, 2020, at 2:07 PM, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> We are currently producing scrubbed (passwords removed and similar) dumps of the datatracker database on Henrik's servers (but have plans to move that to IETFA). These are used by developers and the sandbox.
> 
> We also have plans to produce scrubbed dumps of the website database for use by developers.
> 
> We will also likely have others in the future (a dump of the guides database for instance).
> 
> These scrubbed dumps should live in one of our buckets I think. I suggest they go into derived (given that they can be recreated if destroyed).
> 
> I propose raw dumps are not something that should land in any of these buckets.
> 
> RjS
> 
> -- 
> Tools-implementation mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-implementation

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 14:46:19 -0400

> On Sep 16, 2020, at 2:34 PM, Glen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> +1 - I have a moderate to strong preference to continue doing what I'm doing with /a/dumps, and /a/dumps-p.  :-)  (Nightly dumps of both database engines, rotated, for emergency recovery use by AMS staff if it's ever needed.)

Those are full dumps.  They do not have redacted passwords.

I would like the names to be very different to avoid weary person from making typo.

Russ