Subject: [Tools-discuss] tool.ietf.org web site down at the moment?

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:13:06 +0000

Just in case I'm first out of bed this morning:-)

I can ping it but not telnet to port 80,

S.

$ ping tools.ietf.org
PING tools.ietf.org (194.146.105.14) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from merlot.tools.ietf.org (194.146.105.14): icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 
time=48.4 ms
64 bytes from merlot.tools.ietf.org (194.146.105.14): icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 
time=48.4 ms
^C
--- tools.ietf.org ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1001ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 48.411/48.442/48.473/0.031 ms

$ telnet tools.ietf.org 80
Trying 192.36.165.30...
Trying 194.146.105.14...
Trying 77.72.230.30...
Trying 2a01:3f0:1:2::30...
Trying 2a01:3f0:0:31::14...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network is unreachable

That was from an unfirewalled IP in 134.226/16
Also getting HTTP error 101 from my web proxy in the same n/w

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:17:45 +0000

+1.  This was also reported on NANOG by Mark Tinka (copied).

neutrino:~ rbarnes$ telnet tools.ietf.org 80
Trying 77.72.230.30...
telnet: connect to address 77.72.230.30: Connection refused
Trying 192.36.165.30...
telnet: connect to address 192.36.165.30: Connection refused
Trying 194.146.105.14...
telnet: connect to address 194.146.105.14: Connection refused
Trying 2a01:3f0:0:31::14...
telnet: connect to address 2a01:3f0:0:31::14: No route to host
Trying 2a01:3f0:1:2::30...
telnet: connect to address 2a01:3f0:1:2::30: No route to host
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
neutrino:~ rbarnes$ telnet tools.ietf.org 443
Trying 77.72.230.30...
telnet: connect to address 77.72.230.30: Connection refused
Trying 192.36.165.30...
telnet: connect to address 192.36.165.30: Connection refused
Trying 194.146.105.14...
telnet: connect to address 194.146.105.14: Connection refused
Trying 2a01:3f0:0:31::14...
telnet: connect to address 2a01:3f0:0:31::14: No route to host
Trying 2a01:3f0:1:2::30...
telnet: connect to address 2a01:3f0:1:2::30: No route to host
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Stephen Farrell
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:51:19 +0100

Thanks all.

Fixed now; I set up a new virtual web server for a test server for the
big upcoming datatracker release (the schema conversion release)
(http://tracker.tools.ietf.org/), which went fine.  Then I also copied
that setup as a virtual ssl server, but missed adding the SSL cert info
for that instance on the master server, with the result that the http
servers wouldn't start when the new config was pushed out during the
night...

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:53:57 +0000

Seems to be back now. Looks like good quick work from
someone!

Thanks
S.

---

From: Mark Tinka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:22:32 +0800

On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 05:51:19 PM Henrik Levkowetz 
wrote:

> Fixed now;...

Many thanks, Henrik.

Cheers,

Mark.