Subject: [Tools-discuss] online rfcdiff bug: no diff when file 1 a URI and file 2 is uploaded

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:17:55 -0800

online rfcdiff bug: no diff when file 1 a URI and file 2 is uploaded:

using: https://www.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/    ( version 0.11)

for file 1, "enter URL" -- fill in with known-good URI for an RFC or I-D

for file 2, "Upload file:" --  browse & select local known-good file

click on "Generate diff"

Results:

an overlying dialog is rendered containing message "File 1 seems to be empty." 
and an [OK] button. <https://www.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht> is now in 
location bar.

Click OK. Rendered view remains denoted as 
<https://www.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht>, and differs from 
<https://www.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/> primarily in that the left sidebar is 
absent.

<https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff> yields similar results except that the URI in 
location bar remains static.

tested in Firefox 7 and Chrome 16 with same results.

HTH,

=JeffH