Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Server cutover rescheduled

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 08:50:22 -0800

Dear Tools Team:

I just wanted to write informally to let this group know that,
overnight, we've elected to move the server cutover forward from
Monday the 24th to this Saturday the 15th.

Nothing has changed; however, it's clear that there is no good reason
to wait, and with the old server still struggling, I really feel like
we need to get this done ASAP.  By doing this on a weekend, we can be
slightly less stressed about it, have more flexibility in handling any
emergencies, and keep our community (and ourselves!) much happier.

My thanks to Henrik, Robert, Russ and Ryan who have given up their
weekend to work with me on this and monitor things post-cutover.

I mention this here now because I'm going to send an announcement out
to the Announce list tomorrow, and I didn't want anyone in this group
to be confused about the date change given our conversations on the
Tools Call yesterday.

As always, any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 15:21:53 -0800

Dear Tools Team:

> Monday the 24th to this Saturday the 15th.

Follow-up for this group.  Both of these dates are now out.  We will
reschedule for another Saturday as soon as we work out some additional
details.

I won't post any more noise to this list about this; we will send a
general announcement out, as before, once we're ready to proceed.

Thank you,
Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)