Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Agenda -- 10 December 2019 at 1:00 Eastern

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 09:48:00 -0500

Tools Call Agenda -- 10 December 2019 at 1:00 Eastern

JOIN WEBEX MEETING
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m440dd848726339c03e605b9956e38bac
Meeting number (access code): 640 103 570
Meeting password: tools

JOIN BY PHONE
1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll free number (US/Canada) 
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Meeting number (access code): 640 103 570
Meeting password: tools

1. Datatracker Projects
   - Expected Datatracker Releases -- Robert and Henrik
     -- https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN
   - Meeting Application Improvements by IOLA -- Robert
   - Datatracker maintenance by DashCare -- Robert
   - IRSG balloting by AKAYLA -- Robert

2. Community & Other Projects
   - WWW search to provide additional pointers -- Greg
     -- Give pointers to datatracker and mailarchive
   - Host third-party subresources on mailarchive -- Ryan

3. RFC Services Projects
   - RPC use of new RFC format tools -- Heather and Henrik
   - Security Review of RPC Tools -- Robert and Heather

4. Server Infrastructure
   - Deployment of Python3 -- Robert
   - Expected Website Releases -- Robert
   - IESG discussions of DMARC -- Henrik and Alexey
     -- When do we expect the next release of OpenARC? Ever?

5. YANG Catalog
   - Putting yangcatalog.org in a Docker container -- Robert

6. Parking Lot
   - Search over www, datatracker, and mailarchive
   - Transition Datatracker to Django2
   - Transition Wagtail for IETF website to Django2

7. AOB

---

From: Jay Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 08:30:17 +1300

Please accept my apologies for this call - I have another call at that time.

Jay

> On 3/12/2019, at 3:48 AM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development
> 

-- 
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director
[email-masked]
+64 21 678840

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 15:05:17 -0600

My notes for tomorrow's call:

>     - Meeting Application Improvements by IOLA -- Robert
Underway (but as noted before, significantly delayed). IOLA is close to 
completing the model cleanup deliverable, but is working through issues 
I've identified.
>     - Datatracker maintenance by DashCare -- Robert

This should say "Datatracker review tool maintenance".

I've accepted the last deliverables on this project, and they are 
deployed. I've sent a message to the review team secretaries summarizing 
what's happened, noting the new Least-Recently-Used assignment 
algorithm. I expect several teams to asked to be moved to that algorithm.

We do not need to track this item on future calls.

>     - IRSG balloting by AKAYLA -- Robert

Very close to finished, but AKAYLA is still working through a couple of 
issues before we can accept and merge. I expect this to conclude this week.

We should start tracking the progress of the Automated Schedule Builder 
in this part of the agenda. That work is now underway. Dashcare is 
focusing on identifying new types of constraints we need to model. The 
start of real code work is dependent on merging IOLA's meeting model 
cleanup deliverable. Also note that later, the deliverable to show the 
new constraints on the graphical editor will be dependent on IOLA's 
completion of that project's improvements to the graphical editor.

>       -- Give pointers to datatracker and mailarchive

The coding for this is done in the codebase for the main website and the 
datatracker. It will appear in one of the upcoming releases of each.

The changes to add these pointers to the mailarchive are scheduled, but 
behind higher priority work for Ryan until later this month, or perhaps 
early next year.

>     - Deployment of Python3 -- Robert
We are testing deploying the datatracker and mailarchive on python3 as 
part of testing the server OS upgrade and expect this deployment to 
happen at the same time as that upgrade. Henrik has started looking at 
containerizing trac so it can remain on python27.
>     - Expected Website Releases -- Robert
I expect only small releases between now and the next tools call. The 
matomo integration is ready to deploy to production unless the review 
conversations underway at the moment result in a needed change. The 
small change to point to the datatracker and mailarchive search pages 
can be deployed at any time, but it would be most convenient to deploy 
that at the same time as the analytics change.
>     - Putting yangcatalog.org in a Docker container -- Robert
No significant progress to report here since the last call.