Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Team Report -- 2 December 2019

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 17:14:53 -0500

Tools Team Report -- 2 December 2019

1. Datatracker Projects
   - The plan was recently updated:
     -- https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN
   - Codesprint at IETF 106 produced a few enhancements, bug fixes,
     and performance improvements.
   - A contract for Meeting Application Improvements was awarded to
     IOLA.  Work was delayed, but it is now underway.
   - A contract for IRSG balloting was awarded to AKAYLA.  Work is
     feature complete, but the program manager has asked for an
     additional test to be provided.
   - A contract for the Datatracker Review Tool was awarded to
     DashCare.  Work is underway, delivery is expected before the
     end of this year.
   - A contract for the first part of the automated meeting schedule
     generation was awarded to DashCare, and work is starting.  This
     part of the overall project will focus on better models for
     conflicts that have previously been captured as lore or comments.

2. Community & Other Projects
   - A prototyping server for the IETF web site now includes Matomo,
     and it has been integrated with our Wagtail website.  It is not
     quite ready for production, but it appears to be collecting the
     desired analytics.  Some IESG communication with the community is
     needed about the details of the implementation before it is
     deployed.

3. RFC Services Projects
   - The RFC Production Center is using the new format tools to
     generate RFCs.  Minor bugs have been discovered and quickly fixed.
   - The IESG needs to make a policy decision about when I-Ds using the
     v3 schema format can be submitted to the IESG for publication on
     the IETF stream.
   - The Tools Team has a Statement of Work for the security of the
     tools used by the RFC Production Center.  The RFP did not result
     in an award.  The IETF LLC Executive Director will re-issue the
     RFP or announce an extension for bidders; however, this review
     will not be completed in 2019 as originally planned.

4. Server Infrastructure
   - The custom DMARC-handling software was deployed for all mail lists
     in June 2018, but there is a desire to move away from the custom
     software to ARC.  The released ARC software cannot be configured to
     handle just a few of our mail lists, but this feature is available
     in the beta version.  The beta version will be used for testing in
     December 2019 to see if it meets the needs of the IETF.  If so, we
     will be move away from our custom code.

5. YANG Catalog
   - A sandbox of the YANGcatalog.org is running in a container.  We
     expect deployment of the containerized version next year.