Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Team Report -- 5 November 2019

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 14:50:10 -0500

Tools Team Report -- 5 November 2019

1. Datatracker Projects
   - The plan was recently updated:
     -- https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN
   - A contract for Meeting Application Improvements was awarded to
     IOLA.  Work on this is delayed; trying to get an updated plan.
   - A contract for IRSG balloting was awarded to AKAYLA.  Work is
     expected to finish around IETF 106.
   - A contract for the Datatracker Review Tool was awarded to
     DashCare.  Work is expected to be finished before the end of
     this year.

2. Community & Other Projects
   - A prototyping server for the IETF web site now includes Matomo,
     and it has been integrated with our Wagtail website.  It is not
     ready for production yet, but it appears to be collecting the
     desired analytics without collecting information that the
     community was told would not be collected.  Recent versions of
     Firefox are configured by default to send the Do Not Track (DNT)
     header.  At the moment, the DNT header is sent even if the user
     has configured Firefox not to send it.  As a result, no Firefox
     users will be included in the aggregated statistics.

3. RFC Services Projects
   - The RFC Production Center is now using the new format tools to
     generate the most recent RFCs.
   - The IESG needs to make a policy decision about when I-Ds using the
     v3 schema format can be submitted to the IESG for publication on
     the IETF stream.
   - The Tools Team has a Statement of Work for the security of the
     tools used by the RFC Production Center.  The RFP did not result
     in an award.

4. Server Infrastructure
   - The custom DMARC-handling software was deployed for all mail lists
     in June 2018, but there is a desire to move away from the custom
     software to ARC.  The released ARC software cannot be configured to
     handle just a few of our mail lists, but this feature is available
     in the yet-to-be-released version.  Alexey and Henrik continue to
     try to get a response from the ARC developers about a release date,
     but so far we are only getting silence.  This has not changed in
     many months; maybe we will be using our custom code forever.

5. YANG Catalog
   - A sandbox of the YANGcatalog.org is running in a container.  We
     expect deployment of the containerized version next year.