Subject: Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] IESG strategic retreat

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 11:19:11 -0400

Alissa:

The Datatracker had played a huge role in increasing transparency.  I am glad to hear that the IESG wants more transparency, but I cannot figure out from the blog post what you really have in mind.  Can we start a discussion on the tools-development list to better understand you desires?

Russ

> On Oct 28, 2019, at 11:14 AM, IETF Chair <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> The IESG held a retreat a few weeks ago and I wrote up a short blog post about it here: https://www.ietf.org/blog/iesg-strategic-retreat/
> 
> Best,
> Alissa Cooper
> IETF Chair

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 13:12:12 -0500

Hi Russ,

Thanks. Alvaro took the action at the retreat to lead further discussions about this, so he’s the person to chat with about the status of those discussions.

Best,
Alissa

> On Oct 28, 2019, at 10:19 AM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Alissa:
>

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 08:03:28 -0700

Russ:

Hi!

We really haven’t had any movement on this item.  The conversation that
triggered the AI was about the possibility of clearly tracking who has the
ball during WG processing…similar to what we have now for the IESG
(“Revised ID Needed”, “AD Followup”, etc.).

There are 5 other ADs who showed interest in this topic…. Personally, I
think that we should first have a clear understanding of what actions we
want to track and who should/may be triggering them before we start
thinking about changes to the datatracker (or anything else).

Again, we haven’t started working on this yet.  Roman is one of the
interested ADs — I’m sure he’ll keep the rest of the team in the loop…but
we might also come back later (when the idea/purpose is clearer) to consult
with the team as needed; and definitely before anything is finalized.

Thanks!!

Alvaro.

On October 28, 2019 at 2:12:16 PM, Alissa Cooper ([email-masked]) wrote:

Hi Russ,

Thanks. Alvaro took the action at the retreat to lead further discussions
about this, so he’s the person to chat with about the status of those
discussions.

Best,
Alissa

> On Oct 28, 2019, at 10:19 AM <http://airmail.calendar/2019-10-28 10:19:00
EDT>, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Alissa:
>
> The Datatracker had played a huge role in increasing transparency. I am
glad to hear that the IESG wants more transparency, but I cannot figure out
from the blog post what you really have in mind. Can we start a discussion
on the tools-development list to better understand you desires?