Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] tools issue? was Re: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-00.txt

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 10:02:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019, Willem Toorop wrote:

> No, Client IP is still included in *Server* Cookie generation, just not
> in Client Cookie construction.  So the re-user from different network
> protection is still there.

Ohh, I misunderstood that. Perhaps note this down in the to be Security
Section :)

>> I cannot see a diff because you didn't instruct the data tracker that
>> this adopted document continues from the individual submission :(
>
> Oh, sorry.  I indicated that it replaced the previous draft (and
> Donald's) that is not correct?

That normally ensures the datatracker does the tracking and the diffs,
but it does not look like that happened for this document. It appears
as a fresh submit without any history. Even weirder, it seems that the
old document indeed got the update reference:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies-00

but the new document does not link back to the old one and misses the
diff.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-00

I CC:ed the tools team on this who might be able to see/fix what happened?

Paul

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 10:19:51 -0400

Paul:

The replaces and replaced-by information comes from the submitter.  In this case:

	Set submitter to "Willem Toorop <[email-masked]>", replaces to draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies, draft-eastlake-dnsop-server-cookies

> I CC:ed the tools team on this who might be able to see/fix what happened?

It looks like there are four drafts in the replaced-by history:

	draft-sury-toorop-dns-cookies-algorithms
	draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies
	draft-eastlake-dnsop-server-cookies
	draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies

The history tab of draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies shows all four, allowing the comparison of the last one to any of the earlier ones.

Russ

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 10:41:47 -0500

This looks correct to me both on the datatracker and at tools.ietf.org.

If there's still something that's not right, please bring focus to it.

RjS

On 9/9/19 9:19 AM, Russ Housley wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 12:29:15 -0400 (EDT)

In the top bar, there is no mention of the previous or current version,
despite that if you click "diff2", you see a diff to a previous version.

Compare it to a random other document:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-ipsecme-ike-yang-00

There is no previous document here, yet the top bar shows:

 	Versions: 00

Paul

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 12:38:11 -0400

> On Sep 9, 2019, at 12:29 PM, Paul Wouters <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

That is a volunteer maintained tool.

Please look here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies/>

Russ

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 11:39:35 -0500

Hi Paul -

At https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-00, I see

Versions: (draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies>) 00 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-00>

RjS

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 12:53:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019, Robert Sparks wrote:

> Versions: (draft-sury-toorop-dnsop-server-cookies) 00

Funny :P

Some{thing|one} fixed it. It now shows up properly.

Paul