Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Team Report -- 23 September 2019

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 17:14:34 -0400

Tools Team Report -- 23 September 2019

1. Datatracker Projects
   - The plan was recently updated:
     -- https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN
     -- Need to put Trac and other programs that need Python 2 into
        containers in order to deploy the Python 3 version of the
        Datatracker.
   - A contract for Meeting Application Improvements was awarded to
     IOLA.  Work will begin shortly.
   - A contract for IRSG balloting was awarded to AKAYLA.  Work began
     in June 2019, and it is expected to be finished before IETF 106.
   - A contract for the Datatracker Review Tool was awarded to DashCare
     in August 2019, and it is expected to be finished before the end
     of this year.

2. Community & Other Projects
   - The IETF web site now does a better job with static plaintext or
     PDF pages, such as appeals, appeal responses, and implementation
     reports.  We moved the IESG Statements out of the blog section of
     the web site for example.
     -- See https://www.ietf.org/standards/process/appeals/.

3. RFC Services Projects
   - The RFC Production Center is now using the new format tools.
     -- However, xmlrfcdiff is consuming a huge amount of memory, so the
        RFC Production Center is using other tools until this can be
        resolved.
   - Support for the v3 schema was enabled for I-D submission last July.
   - The IESG needs to make a policy decision about when I-Ds using the
     v3 schema format can be submitted to the IESG for publication on
     the IETF stream.
   - The Tools Team has a Statement of Work for the security of the
     tools used by the RFC Production Center.  Expect to release an RFP
     in the next few weeks for this review.

4. Server Infrastructure
   - The custom DMARC-handling software was deployed for all mail lists
     in June 2018, but there is a desire to move away from the custom
     software to ARC.  The released ARC software cannot be configured to
     handle just a few of our mail lists, but this feature is available
     in the yet-to-be-released version.  Alexey and Henrik continue to
     try to get a response from the ARC developers about a release date,
     but so far we are only getting silence.  This has not changed in
     many months; maybe we will be using our custom code forever.

5. YANG Catalog
   - A sandbox of the YANGcatalog.org is running in a container.  We
     expect deployment of the containerized version soon.

6. SustainIETF.org
   - This domain name has been transferred from ISOC to the IETF Trust.
   - It is now being redirected to ietf.org.