Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Team Report -- 31 July 2019

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 21:05:11 -0400

Tools Team Report -- 31 July 2019

1. Datatracker Projects
   - During the IETF 105 Codesprint:
     -- As requested by the IESG, added Closing Notes to history and
        about pages.
     -- Improved performance for a few pages.
     -- Added the ability to upload markdown agendas and minutes. 
     -- Improvements to session slide suggestion uploads.
     -- Added quotes around document name in mailarchive search link.
     -- Improvements to the test framework.
     -- Made removed IPR disclosures visually distinctive in search
        results.
	 -- Restored ability to remove documents while managing a personal
	    list.
     -- Added a calendar display of upcoming meetings. 
     -- Added consistent sort the documents in the agenda, minutes,
        bluesheets.
   - The plan was recently updated:
     -- https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN
     -- The transition from Python 2 to Python 3 is finished.
   - A contract for Meeting Application Improvements was awarded to
     IOLA.  Work will begin shortly.
   - A contract for IRSG balloting was awarded to AKAYLA.  Work began
     in June 2019.
   - A request for bids was sent to the IDIQ contract holders for
     improvements to the Datatracker Review Tool.  A recommendation for
     an award has been sent to the Interim IETF LLC Executive Director.

2. Community & Other Projects
   - The Tools Team and the Secretariat worked out a plan for web site
     content involving static plaintext or PDF pages, such as appeals,
     appeal responses, and implementation reports.  During the IETF 105
     Codesprint, progress was made at implementing this approach.

3. RFC Services Projects
   - Support for the v3 schema has been enabled for I-D submission, and
     now the IESG needs to make a policy decision about when I-Ds in the
     new format can be submitted to the IESG for publication on the IETF
     stream.  draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes describes
     the difference between the "as designed" and the "as built" tools
     that implement the v3 schema.
   - The RFC Production Center continues to test the new format tools.
   - The Tools Team has a Statement of Work for the security of the
     tools used by the RFC Production Center.  The new format tools will
     be reviewed once the tools related to the old format are put in
     mothballs.  Dates for this review have not been set yet.

4. Server Infrastructure
   - The custom DMARC-handling software was deployed for all mail lists
     in June 2018, but there is a desire to move away from the custom
     software to ARC.  The ARC software cannot be configured to handle
     just a few of our mail lists.  Requirements were provided to the
     ARC developers, but so far, they have not offered a release date.
     Alexey continues to try to get a response from the ARC developers,
     but so far we are only getting silence.  This has not changed in
     many months; maybe we will be using our custom code forever.

5. YANG Catalog
   - Operation of the yangcatalog.org was to transferred to the IETF
     Secretariat.  This is running in a container on a sandbox server.
     We expect deployment of the containerized version soon.

6. SustainIETF.org
   - This domain name will be transferred from ISOC to the IETF Trust.
   - It is now being redirected to ietf.org.