Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Fwd: PKCS#9 and #10

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:29:28 -0400

Hello!

I am not sure how I can attach this change in the copyright and change
control status to RFC2985 and RFC2986.  The IPR disclosure page doesn't
quite fit as the license is specific to the standard and opening it up
further for use.  For the other PKCS documents, we did a revision of the
RFC.  I'd like this to not be lost with me and for others doing work with
these standards to know that it is fine for them to do so.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kathleen

Kathleen M. Moriarty | Corporate Office of CTO | Dell EMC | 617-851-5807

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 18:00:40 +0200

Hi Kathleen,

> these standards to know that it is fine for them to do so.  Any ideas?

IPR declarations carry forward through "obsoletes" and "replaces" document
relationships, so if a new RFC marks the previous one as obsoleted, the
IPR declaration should show up for any new RFCs for the same standard.

Registering the change for the current RFCs seems to be the right thing
to do.

Best regards,

	Henrik