Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Notes from the May 7 Tools

From: "Amy Vezza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 14:21:18 -0700

Hi All,

Some short notes from the meeting earlier today.

Best regards,

Amy

Tools Call Agenda -- 7 May 2019 at 1:00 Eastern
Notes were taken by Amy Vezza

1. Datatracker Projects
 - Expected Datatracker Releases -- Robert and Henrik
   -- https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN
<https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN>

The PLAN file is up-to-date.

 - Python2 to Python3 transition -- Henrik

Next steps: Will work on this once the DocAlias / BCP mapping work is done.

 - Meeting Application Improvements by IOLA -- Robert

Robert will be the program manager for this item. IOLA has not started
work yet.

 - IRSG balloting -- Proposals due on 16 May 2019

Proposals are due next week. Will follow-up after the proposals are received.

Questions for Datatracker Projects?

Heather: How does it relate to XML to RFC. Generation of TXT to v3 is
still buggy it looks like? Sent a report about the bug I found.

Henrik: Yes, I saw the report.

Action Item: Henrik to bug hunt the reported bug to fix.

Submissions for v3 documents is now open.  Unknown whether people are
using it yet. (Report from later on the call: there are currently 8
submissions in the queue submitted in v3).

2. Community & Other Projects
 - Redirect cleanup after deploying Wagtail 2.0 -- Glen

Cleanup of redirects is completed. There have been a few follow-up items,
which have been taken care of.

 - Transfer operations of guides.ietf.org <http://guides.ietf.org/> the
Secretariat

The domain name has been transferred successfully. Name server changes and
the new server will go live at the same time. The new machine is still
being worked on and is not yet live. Waiting for confirmation to set the
time to switch over. Standing by. The Secretariat is prepared to take on
whatever configuration is needed.

Transfer status is pending a report from Robert.

3. RFC Services Projects
 - RPC testing of new RFC format tools -- Heather and Robert

The tools have been updated. RPC will test the tools. Working on
implementation planning, and the timeline of switch over to production.
Update to format FAQ. Alice is working on the format tools FAQ.

 - Security Review of RPC Tools -- Robert and Heather

The decision was to postpone this until RPC is using only the v3 tools,
instead of trying to test for both v2 and v3. On hold until at least
August (Move item to the parking lot?).

 - Rendering errata in more useful way -- Portia
   -- Proposals evaluated; winner recommended

The contract is being negotiated with the winner. Work is not yet started.

4. Server Infrastructure
 - IESG discussions of DMARC -- Henrik and Alexey
   -- When do we expect the next release of OpenARC? Ever?

For the move to OpenARC. Henrik sent a nudge mid-April, and another nudge
today looking for more information.  The code may be done, but not
released, still unknown.

5. YANG Catalog
 - yangcatalog.org <http://yangcatalog.org/> transferred to the IETF Trust
-- Eric
and Glen
 - Operations transferred to the IETF Secretariat -- Eric and Glen

It has code running on it, but all is pointing to the previous server.
Should switch the DNS to the Canadian server ASAP. Switchover procedure
should be just to switch. Sooner move the better.

Glen to switch the DNS this evening Pacific time (May 7). Glen will
confirm when completed. Eric Vyncke will check the switch May 8 in the
morning (Central European Time) to see if it is working well. Will request
rollback if needed.

 - Adding features from the yangvalidator project -- Eric

Work has started on adding the features. IETF Tools want BSD3, its
currently working with BSD2. The correct version for BSD3 will be
deployed.

6. Parking Lot
 - Discontinue pipermail email archives -- Robert and Ryan
  -- MHonArc URLs have be redirected to mail-archive

7. AOB

No other business.