Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Agenda -- 8 January 2019 at 1:00 Eastern

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 11:53:44 -0500

Tools Call Agenda -- 8 January 2019 at 1:00 Eastern

JOIN WEBEX MEETING
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m440dd848726339c03e605b9956e38bac
Meeting number (access code): 640 103 570
Meeting password: tools

JOIN BY PHONE
1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll free number (US/Canada) 
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Meeting number (access code): 640 103 570
Meeting password: tools

1. Datatracker Projects
   - Expected Datatracker Releases -- Robert and Henrik
     -- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan
   - Brainstorm ways to improve author data for ~1100 old RFCs -- Russ

2. Community & Other Projects
   - Discontinue MonArch email archives -- Robert and Ryan

3. RFC Services Projects
   - RFC Format Contracts -- Heather and Robert
   - Security Review of RPC Tools -- Robert and Heather

4. Server Infrastructure
   - IESG discussions of DMARC -- Henrik and Alexey
     -- Is there any status on ARC?

5. YANG Catalog
   - Description of Desired Feature Additions -- Eric
   - Transfer yangcatalog.org to the IETF Trust -- Eric
   - Transfer operations to the IETF Secretariat -- Eric and Glen

6. AOB

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 09:57:06 -0600

Notes for tomorrow's call:

>       -- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan

The plan (at 
<https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN>) has been 
significantly revised, and the MergePlan updated to reflect it. Of note 
in the changes to prioritization:

- We will be changing the way the datatracker sends email to send from 
the datatracker on behalf of the user that caused the email to be sent 
(as opposed to using that user's email address as the From value).

- We have prioritized generating the bibxml reference libraries in the 
datatracker code. The current tcl scripts are becoming too difficult to 
maintain.

- We need to shift from bower to something else (yarn) for managing web 
assets - bower is no longer being maintainted

- We have increased the priority of moving to python 3 (for support for 
internationalized email, and to be ready for the upcoming move to django 2)

I hope we can get the Meeting application improvement SOW out for IDIQ 
quotes in the next couple of weeks.

>     - Discontinue MonArch email archives -- Robert and Ryan

Ryan has added a feature that generates mbox files for each list for the 
current month daily.

I don't believe we have any remaining barriers to discontinuing the 
mhonarc archiving. Unless something comes up, I expect we'll be talking 
this step in the next couple of weeks.

>     - Security Review of RPC Tools -- Robert and Heather

Sandy has identified that the current SoW is inaccurate about what is 
used in /rfcscripts. She expects to get a correct description to me this 
week. I'll incorporate Russ' edits and suggestion for adding a timeline 
for the RFP process when I work that new description in. My intent is to 
have this out as an RFP before we get to the February tools call.

Adam Roach has started work on an SoW for a project to build a view of 
each RFC with its errata rendered inline (to the extent possible).

>     - Transfer operations to the IETF Secretariat -- Eric and Glen
We are still waiting on torchbox to commit the upgrade to the most 
recent wagtail to the trunk of their private repository so we can 
actually deploy it on production. At that point (which I expect to be 
before the February tools call), we will create a public repository for 
the source (modified to move secrets out of the source tree, and updates 
to the readme.rd to reflect the existence of the public repository) and 
change the production website to use that repository. I hope to have a 
good written description of the next set of changes to make to that 
codebase by mid-February. The current intent is to make those changes 
using community volunteer effort.
>
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 13:45:42 +0000

Regarding the Yang Catalog, here are a couple of pre-call information/points of discussion:
- https://yang.amsl.com seems to work fine (honestly, openSUSE is a big variation of Ubuntu, Python 3.4 forces some rewrite, ...)
- what is the situation about licenses ?
- can we already transfer the mailman aliases for info@, announce@ and support@ to the IETF infrastructure
- how do we actually transfer the server? Do we simply keep the running VM ?

Also, please find attached a SoW for the contractor to maintain and improve the service

Talk to you later

-éric

On 03/01/2019, 17:53, "TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT on behalf of Russ Housley" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    JOIN WEBEX MEETING
    
    JOIN BY PHONE

    1. Datatracker Projects

    3. RFC Services Projects
    
    4. Server Infrastructure
    
    5. YANG Catalog
    
    6. AOB

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 12:49:58 -0500

Eric:

My memory is that we decided that these three lists would continue to run on the yangcatalog.org server.  Did I miss somethng?

Russ

> On Jan 8, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 11:53:33 -0600

I apologize for the late regrets. I am (hopefully) getting over a cold, but a change in meds last night made for a rough night.

Ben.

> On Jan 3, 2019, at 10:53 AM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 18:00:18 +0000

No you are right but may be I forgot to mention that currently they are not hosting in yangcatalog but on a private server (Joe Clarke) ;-)

-éric

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 8 January 2019 at 18:50
To: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>
Cc: IETF Tools Development <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Agenda -- 8 January 2019 at 1:00 Eastern

Eric:

My memory is that we decided that these three lists would continue to run on the yangcatalog.org<http://yangcatalog.org> server.  Did I miss somethng?

Russ

On Jan 8, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote: