Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Form of json errata files

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 12:04:03 -0600

Hi Julian -

In a comment on the inline-errata SoW, you said

"This assumes that there's a single JSON file holding errata. I believe 
that's a bad idea, not necessarily for an offline tool, but for other 
use cases. Please provide individual JSON files per RFC."

That's a conversation to have outside the context of this SoW (so I've 
moved it to email and marked the comment in the document as "resolved"). 
The RPC is already producing the single JSON file. You can ask them to 
also produce individual JSON files per RFC, but I don't think we should 
ask that the aggregate file go away.

RjS

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 20:35:52 +0100

> ask that the aggregate file go away.

I didn't ask for that.

I just happen to believe that one-JSON-per-RFC will be easier to 
maintain, better to cache, and faster to parse. In addition to that, it 
would make it easier to annotate RFCs upon display in a browser.

Best regards, Julian