Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Two topics for next week's tools call (both probably need IESG input)

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:30:23 -0600

The mentoring team has asked for a new standalone set of tools to 
facilitate their work. This is not something that would be part of the 
datatracker, at least not initially. See 
<https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/2622>. I think the 
tools team needs direction from the IESG on whether to take this on, and 
how to prioritize it against other outstanding requests.

We also continue to run into issues with sending reviews "From" the 
reviewer rather than the datatracker. IESG ballot position emails 
(discusses) have this same problem. We would like to consider moving to 
a From value that says "the datatracker on behalf of person X". I think 
we need the IESGs input on this change.

RjS

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 09:23:43 -0800

> we need the IESGs input on this change.

Can you say more about what these issues are?

-Ekr

> RjS
>
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development
>

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:21:02 -0600

On 11/30/18 11:23 AM, Eric Rescorla wrote:
>
>
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 10:30 AM Robert Sparks <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
Dmarc and similar things. Mail gets clobbered in some paths because it 
looks like the sender is spoofed.
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 11:33:44 -0800

Ah. Thanks

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 01:12:45 +0200

> how to prioritize it against other outstanding requests.

If this is not part of the datatracker, and this seems to be simple
form that asks information, why not use something like google forms:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDWY0yPy23T8a5NKGwO7dmGU5hdOTtupQ2LmBW5usfahfjJg/viewform?usp=sf_link

(with short url and most likely adding more description text to the
questions, and this includes only guides participants not the guides
resource persons).
-- 
[email-masked]