Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Calendar Server

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 11:07:57 -0400

We did a calendar server experiment a few years ago.  I recall that we set up a calendar for a few WGs, and then we found that they were not used enough to set up one for each WG.  I think the server is still in place for leadership groups.  The IoT Directorate has need for a calendar.  Would it be hard to add a calendar for them?

Russ

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 08:13:15 -0700

Hi Russ -

> We did a calendar server experiment a few years ago.  I recall that we set up a calendar for a few WGs, and then we found that they were not used enough to set up one for each WG.  I think the serv…

The old actual "calendar server" died a painful and well-deserved
death some time ago.  What we have now is a webdav-based scenario
where an individual manager can publish a calendar from their Mac to
the IETF web server in such a way that others can subscribe to it as
though it were a calendar feed.  There can be only one manager, the
primary calendar must live on their Mac, the IETF server acts only as
a reflector feed.

If this will suit, then please have the IOT director contact Matt
Larson <[email-masked]>, copying Alexa Morris <[email-masked]> and
they will get it set up for the individual caretaker.

Glen

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 11:16:29 -0400

> On Oct 15, 2018, at 11:13 AM, Glen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Russ -
> 

Thanks.  I'll find out if this will work.

Russ