Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Preview release of Text Submission Converter, id2xml

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 21:53:37 +0200

Hi,

I've just uploaded the first 1.0.0 release candidate of id2xml: 1.0.0-rc1:

  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/id2xml

This version processes all the files in the current test suite with only
minor discrepancies between the original .txt files and those created by
xml2rfc from the generated .xml files.  There are still corner cases, but
I believe this version should be useful for the stated purpose.

You should be able to install it with:

  $ pip install id2xml

As before, feedback is very welcome.

From the changelog:

  * Improved the code recognition regex, in order to handle more code and
    constants fragments as figures.

  * Added recognition and handling of <CODE BEGINS> and <CODE ENDS> marks.

  * Added recognition of reference text date strings containing days.

  * Added recognition of another usage of 'Work-in-progress' in references.

  * Modified list handling to recognise lists in additional formats, and to
    use <vspace> to introduce line breaks and blank lines for some cases.

  * Added recognition of reference quotes within list text.

  * Added 2 new ways to recognize text which needs to be captured as figures
    (based on recurring wide whitespace and on text not being paragraph filled).

  * Added better handling of draft references for the purpose of generating
    proper entity definitions in the doctype declaration.

  * Refined the test suite to show percentages of lines which deviate between
    text master and the text generated from the generated xml, and to not
    include differences in the ToC page numbers in the checked diff
    linecounts.

  * Added support for title abbreviation occuring in the footer, rather 
    than the header.  Explicitly created a title abbreviation for long titles 
    with no abbreviation available, rather than letting xml2rfc mangle the page 
    header.

 * Improved the debug trace facilities with --start-trace on a text match,
   --stop-trace on a text match, and --trace one or more function names.

  * Tweaked the setup to make the local debug.py available.

  * Don't interpret 'Internet-Draft' at the top left of the first page as a 
    workgroup name.  Test case added.

  * Added list default style 'empty', based on an issue report from 
    [email-masked].

  * Added stripping of leading/trailing blanks from author name components 
    (initials and surname), based on an issue report from [email-masked].

  * Renamed the subversion branch to match the selected tool name.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  19 May 2017 20:32:32 +0200

Best regards,

	Henrik