Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Fwd: [rfc-i] Update on the CSS - second round

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 08:09:19 +0100

In case you are not subscribed to rfc-interest...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[rfc-i] Update on the CSS - second round
Date: 	Tue, 21 Feb 2017 07:52:12 +0100
From: 	Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Hello all,

Back in December, you all had an opportunity to review the first draft
of the CSS that will be applied to the HTML RFCs that will be produced
by the RFC Editor when the new formats go live. Issues were collected in
github, either by individuals who posted directly, or by me as I
harvested issues out of various email threads. You can see the issues here:

https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues

Based on the issues collected (with some decisions from me where we had
contradictory input) the CSS developer has built a second version of the
CSS. You can see the new look here:

https://rfc-format.github.io/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/

One of the basic changes includes the addition of a very simple
JavaScript was added to allow for a hamburger menu to appear when the
screen is resized such that the ToC disappears. This JavaScript is not
critical to the reading of the text, and so would be allowed.
For the issues in github, the following actions were (or were not) taken:

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/17

      o

        [DONE - set table p to margin 0]

      o

        Too much v-space in tables

      o

        NOTE: Seems like significant over-selection; would be better to
        select on a class.

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/16

      o

        [DONE - fixed the lists]

      o

        Levels of indentations for lists from headings

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/15

      o

        [WON'T DO - See #10]

      o

        Increase body indent from headings

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/10

      o

        [DONE - indentation removed]

      o

        Don’t have body indent from headings

      o

        NOTE: is in contradiction to #15

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/8

      o

        [DONE]

      o

        Padding on aside too large (particularly vertically)

      o

        FIXED: remove most padding from aside.

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/7

      o

        [NO CHANGE - kept as is, allowing columns for the Index section
        except on small devices]

      o

        Index in columns

      o

        NOTE: glad that this appears to be supported.  I would like to
        keep columns.

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/6

      o [DONE *- *fixed monospace font sizes]

      o

        Heading with a monospace item in it

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/4

      o [DONE for small devices where the menu will hang over the page
        content; wide widths have no divider (to remain uncluttered)]**

      o

        Visual separation between draft and TOC

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/3

      o [NO CHANGE - prefer the margin + border to ensure blockquote
        stands out]

      o

        Frame + border seems too much for blockquote

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/2

      o [NO CHANGE - paragraph spacing easier to see using real examples
        of sample2.html and sample3.html - we should wait for feedback
        on this now that the community can see what the paragraph
        spacing looks like in practice]

      o

        Paragraph spacing too large

  *

    https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/issues/1

      o

        [DONE - headings decreased in size both in desktop and mobile
        versions]

      o

        Headings too large

Please take a moment to look at the slightly updated design, and to post
your feedback either to this list or directly to github. I’m expecting
the third (and final, for now) set of changes to focus on polishing the
details of the look and feel.

Thank you for your time and attention!

-- 
Heather Flanagan

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:39:12 +0100

Hi Heather,

> In case you are not subscribed to rfc-interest...

I am, but that subscription goes to a folder, and I don't necessarily see
what's arriving regularly.  So thank you :-)

	Henrik

> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development
>