Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Agenda -- 14 Feb 2017 at 1:00 Eastern

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 06:58:32 -0500

Tools Call Agenda -- 14 Feb 2017 at 1:00 Eastern

1. Datatracker Projects
   - Expected Datatracker Releases -- Robert and Henrik
     -- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan
   - Contracts for Datatracker Enhancements -- Robert
     -- Author Statistics

2. Community & Other Projects
   - Improvements to the mail archive application -- Robert and Ryan
   - IETF Website Makeover -- Greg and Joe

3. RFC Services Projects
   - Contracts for Improvements to RFC Services -- Heather and Robert
     -- CSS for the RFCs
     -- IDnits
     -- Publication Formatter
     -- RFClint
     -- SVGcheck
     -- Text Submission
     -- XMLdiff

4. Server Infrastructure
   - IESG discussions of DMARC -- Robert and Ben
     -- Mailman upgrade
     -- Impact on Internet-Draft-specific mail aliases
   - Migrate toward Django 1.9 and 1.10 -- Henrik
   - Libraries for HTML of I-Ds -- Henrik

5. Parking Lot
   - CDN support for HTML and PDF I-Ds -- Henrik
   - Migrate from MySQL to PostgreSQL -- Henrik
   - Discontinue MonArch email archives -- Robert
   - Improve infrastructure for finding and fetching artifacts -- Robert
   - Author information for very old I-Ds in the datatracker -- Robert
   - Replace I-Ds in proceedings with links to archive copy?
   - Performance improvements and transition to Postgres -- Henrik
   - VM Architecture for Servers -- Robert
   - Submit an I-D directly from GitHub
   - Move downref registry , and integrate with IETF LC generation
   - Add view of recent ballots by telechat to
   - Allow meetecho to associate recordings with sessions as they become available
   - Mailman support for internationalized email addresses
     -- Requires Mailman 3.1, which is expected in early 2017
   - Meeting registration support for internationalized email addresses
     -- Mailman must be done first; user is added to meeting mail lists

6. AOB

== == == == == == ==

TMC will discuss the RFP responses after the tools call.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:07:14 -0600

Notes inline:

>       -- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan
Please skim the release notes for 6.40.4 through 6.43.0 at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/
>     - Contracts for Datatracker Enhancements -- Robert

Focus for the last week or so here has been on dealing with the "summary 
by country" aspects of the reports. We've been working on building the 
correct models and data-entry tools to support that. Hirch indices and 
simple graphs should come in this week. The project has uncovered 
(again) that the author extraction results in the datatracker for old 
drafts and RFCs is pretty rough. Next steps will involve working with 
the registration data to build out the meeting attendance statistics.
>     - Contracts for Improvements to RFC Services -- Heather and Robert
Essentially done, but being polished. We are getting an updated release 
this week. The exercise has uncovered several bugs in the HTML example 
documents (and a few in the HTML format spec) that are being tracked.
>       -- XMLdiff
We have had kickoff calls with both of the format developers. I will 
create a page showing expected roadmap sometime before the next tools call.
>       -- Impact on Internet-Draft-specific mail aliases
We had a design call with Glen, Matt, Henrik, and Alexey last week. Our 
next steps are still investigatory. We'll be looking at the code John 
Levine has been using for managing mapped aliases when rewrites are 
necessary (pending getting that code from John), and investigating where 
in or around Mailman to add the rewrite logic that Mailman doesn't 
already support. We're keeping handling the issue for the draft-* and 
wgacronym-* aliases in mind, but are not necessarily tackling that at 
the same time - rather our initial focus will be on messages that go 
through mailing lists. Henrik - feel free to correct anything I've 
mischaracterized or add to what I've missed.
>       -- Mailman must be done first; user is added to meeting mail lists
I don't think this needs time on the call, but I wanted to make sure 
everyone was aware:
The review tool is getting a lot of use and we are getting many positive 
notes of feedback, and quite a few tweak requests - tickets related to 
the review tool are the majority of what we've received in the last few 
weeks. See <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/report/29>
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 18:22:26 +0100

A few additional details from me:

> mischaracterized or add to what I've missed.

Everything seems right and to the point.  We have tentative insertion
points for both rewrite of outgoing addresses to mangled [email-masked]
and incoming [email-masked] to correct final addresses, but will
trial run this on sandbox.ietf.org before the first test on live lists.

>>     - Migrate toward Django 1.9 and 1.10 -- Henrik

Django 1.9 done and released, Django 1.10 getting closer, expecting it
at the beginning of next week.

>>     - Libraries for HTML of I-Ds -- Henrik

Next after Django 1.0 are 4 smaller schema change tasks; this task of 
breaking out the htmlization code into a lib and integrating that in the datatracker (which could be a largish task) is scheduled after those.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:36:55 -0500

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 12:07 PM, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> 1. Datatracker Projects
>>      -- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan>
> Please skim the release notes for 6.40.4 through 6.43.0 at https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/>
> Focus for the last week or so here has been on dealing with the "summary by country" aspects of the reports. We've been working on building the correct models and data-entry tools to support that. Hirch indices and simple graphs should come in this week. The project has uncovered (again) that the author extraction results in the datatracker for old drafts and RFCs is pretty rough. Next steps will involve working with the registration data to build out the meeting attendance statistics.

RE: Meeting Registration Data

I am thinking that as part of the proceedings processing.  The summary information for a particular meeting can get added to the datatracker.

Russ