Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Action: New Calendar Subscription

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:38:48 -0500

All;

For some time, the IETF has been operating a calendar server to
allow the community to keep up to date on the scheduled events of
various groups within the IETF / IAOC.

The package we were using (CalDav) has been largely abandoned, and
is no longer compatible with the current versions of the operating
system used on the IETF servers.  So, working with Matt Larson at
AMS, it has been replaced with WebDav, and this has necessitated
changing the URLs for the shared calendars.

At this time, several IAOC calendars are being maintained on the
server, and are available for subscription.  These calendars include:

Tools
https://www.ietf.org/calendars/iaoc/tools.ics

Interested parties can subscribe to the calendar feed(s) of their
choice by using the URLs listed above.  The exact method of
subscribing to a calendar feed varies from client to client.  As an
example, the following instructions will allow Apple iCal users to
subscribe to a calendar feed.

1. From the Calendar File menu, choose "New Calendar Subscription".

2. Enter the URL for the desired calendar in the resulting dialog
box.

3. Click Subscribe.

4. In the dialog box that appears, set the desired options for
refresh rates, alerts, and the name of the calendar, and click OK.

The calendar will appear on your list of calendars, and the items on
the calendar will populate onto your calendar display.

For iOS users, you can add calendar subscriptions to your mobile
device by going to Settings -> Calendar.  Then choose Accounts ->
Add Account -> Other.  Then select 'Add Subscribed Calendar' and
provide the URL for the appropriate calendar.