Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Differences in thread view in archives

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 18:09:24 -0500

Hi,

    I took a quick look at the thread view in the new archive tool and
am a bit confused at what I'm seeing.  I'm comparing:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=netconf&gbt=1&q=netmod+wg

and

    https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/threads.html

The latter provides threading that is pretty aligned with what you'd see
in a mailer thread view (and what folks used to see).  The former has
threading for some messages but not others, as an example check out how
the following shows in both:

  * /Subject/: Re: [netmod] [Netconf] WG adoption poll
    draft-nmdsdt-netmod-revised-datastores-00
  * /From/: Andy Bierman <andy at yumaworks.com <mailto:[email-masked]>>
  * /Date/: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:51:50 -0800

Is the current view expected behavior and if so can someone explain
what's going on.  (If not, where's the right place to open a ticket?)

Thanks,

Lou

---

From: Ryan Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 15:32:58 -0800

Hi Lou,

I would expect the new archive tool to have a thread view more in line with that
displayed in MHonArc.  I am not sure why some messages aren’t being indented but
I will investigate.  Thank you for reporting this issue. 

Regards,
Ryan

> On Dec 13, 2016, at 3:09 PM, Lou Berger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 08:11:54 -0600

And if you find anything else that should be captured as a ticket, we're 
currently capturing those issues in the same instance of trac that we're 
using for the datatracker (the 'report a bug' link on the datatracker 
will get you there) using the 'MailArchive: User Interface' component.

RjS

---

From: Ryan Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 14:47:20 -0800

I identified an issue with some recent messages that were sent to more then one
IETF list not being indented properly in the thread view.  This problem has been resolved.

Regards,
Ryan

> On Dec 13, 2016, at 3:32 PM, Ryan Cross <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Lou,
>

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 06:11:04 -0500

Thanks ryan.  It looks better.

The "next" navigation is broken at least in mobile view

1) go to wg
2) select thread view
3) select last message
4) navigate to message via arrow
    Question: is there a reason to being able to select message without 
navigating the link?
5) select thread view at bottom of message
6) select next at bottom of list

Result is you end up back on the same page.

Lou

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 08:10:08 -0600

> 4) navigate to message via arrow
You can go straight to the arrow - you don't have to select the message 
first.
>    Question: is there a reason to being able to select message without 
Yes - rapid scanning of messages in the preview pane below. Using the up 
and down arrows on your keyboard will go from message to message.
(But it looks like this morning, something's not right - reporting the 
issue to Ryan).