Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] New materials manager interface

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 07:47:46 -0400

Hi,

Out of curiosity what was the reason and objective for the new upload 
interface?

(I don't have a conclusive opinion on it, but agenda upload now is a 
trivially  harder - as have to go fund the group rather than it being 
offered to you. )

Lou

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 10:39:18 -0500

> Out of curiosity what was the reason and objective for the new upload 
There are many, ranging from support for multiple sessions at meetings, 
normalizing the way the files and Document objects are created, 
improving the materials page, automatically generating proceedings, and 
actually _simplifying_ upload.
> trivially  harder - as have to go fund the group rather than it being 
I expect a few people to work on improving the navigation to the 
management pages before and during the sprint.
One path you might find useful as a workaround in the meantime is to use 
the links to the WG pages you'll find for your working groups in the 
left navbar. Once there, click on the Meetings tab. From there select 
the appropriate session at IETF97. Yes, that's too many clicks, but it 
saves you from hunting through a list of all the working groups.

>
> Lou
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 18:51:59 -0400

Thanks robert..I'll just keep using my browser search to find the edit 
string.  Glad to hear about the planned improvements in the sprint.

Lou