Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Fwd: point tools folks at W3C github tools?

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 05:23:28 -0700

Hello all,

Forwarding this on for Jeff Hodges. Not sure if his ideas slipped
through the cracks, or if there's just no interest.

-Heather

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: point tools folks at W3C github tools?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 04:33:57 -0600
From: [email-masked]
To: Heather Flanagan <[email-masked]>
CC: jeff.hodges <[email-masked]>, Jeff.Hodges (paypal)
<[email-masked]>

Hi Heather,

Nice to talk with you @IETF :)

I think I mentioned my trying to reach out to IETF tools types regarding
the W3C's github-and-mailing-lists integration tools.  I've posted to
both tools-discuss@...

   https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tools-discuss/current/msg04643.html

..and [email-masked] regarding this..

https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-and-github/current/msg00023.html

..and received no responses. I wonder if you might be able to tug
appropriate sleeves?  the w3c github-and-mailing-lists integration tools
set things up such that things occuring over on github repos get
forwarded to the appropriate working group mailing list thus aiding
transparency by having the discussions and such occuring over in the
github repo(s) appear on a working group's mailing list.

Seems to me like something the IETF ought to take advantage of.

HTH,

=JeffH

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:34:16 +0200

Hi Heather, Jeff,

I sent an email to Jeff last Thursday, asking to meet in Berlin,
but didn't get a reply.  Clearly that email didn't reach him, which
was a pity.  

Jeff, that email was sent 2016-07-21 14:28 +0200, with subject:

"Re: [Tools-discuss] integrating working group mailing lists with github.com?"

-- could you see if you could identify what happened to it, and advice
if any changes at my end is needed in order to have better luck next
time?

I've browsed the code you sent links to, and believe we can do something
similar for the IETF.

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2016-07-26 14:23, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development
>