Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Glue code for the WG wikis

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 17:02:35 -0400

Henrik:

My last notes about the glue code for the WG wikis will be done by the end of April.  Is that still on track?  If so, do we have the list of steps that are needed to make the transition from tools.ietf.org to ietf.org?

Russ

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 18:39:39 +0200

Hi Russ,

On 2016-04-20 23:02, Russ Housley wrote:
> Henrik:
> 
> My last notes about the glue code for the WG wikis will be done by 
> the end of April.  Is that still on track?

Yes; I expect to commit that tomorrow Friday or Monday next week.

> If so, do we have the list of steps that are needed to make the
> transition from tools.ietf.org to ietf.org?

Not explicitly.  They would be pretty much the same as when we moved
the non-WG wikis, except that the glue code would need to be deployed
but disabled before moving the Trac instances, and then enabled after
the move, to maintain permissions, components for each drafts, and
creation of new instances on new group creation.  We also need to set
up Subversion support; this was not done for the directorates.

I just went to look at the directorate wikis at trac.ietf.org, and
discovered 2 things:

 - The index page will need to be updated -- it now has a heading
   "IETF Directorate Wikis"

 - Clicking on a wiki links results in a http 500 Server Error --
   I suspect we have a previously undiscovered issue with the OS
   upgrade here.  Matt and/or Glen will need to look at that before
   we go ahead.  (I just tried to run trac-admin on ietfa, and it
   did not appear to be on path -- maybe Trac has simply not been
   installed.)

Here's a strawman for a checklist:

* Fix the current http 500 issue
* Do datatracker release with glue code (disabled) - Henrik
* Deploy glue code (disabled) - Matt
* Rsync one trac database instance from tools to ietfa, and check that
  running 'trac-admin upgrade' on that database works as desired
  (most likely the trac version on ietfa will be newer than the
  current tools version) - Henrik
* Rsync one group svn instance from tools to ietfa, and verify that it
  can be read by svn on ietfa - Henrik+Matt/Glen
* Set up apache rules to make svn instances available through webdav,
  in order to be available externally as on tools.ietf.org - Matt
* Add a redirect on trac.tools.ietf.org for all the group wikis.
  This means there will be a downtime from the redirect is in place
  until the move is done for any given group.  Simpler than managing
  individual redirects, though. - Henrik
* For each Trac instance on tools.ietf.org: ( - Henrik+Matt/Glen ?)
    - Rsync the Trac database to the appropriate directory on ietfa
    - Run trac-admin <path> update
    - Rsync the svn repository
    - Verify availability of Trac and Svn
* Update the index to differentiate betwen directorate, team, WG and RG
  wikis - Matt

	Henrik