Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Meeting materials and proceedings: How to make progress

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 12:00:03 -0600

Tools development folks:

For the last couple of calls, I've had an action to produce a SoW for 
improving meeting materials management and proceedings generation.

I had a good set of meetings with the secretariat (primarily Ryan), and 
Henrik brainstorming what we should do.

I've taken a few runs at putting together a project description and I am 
unhappy with what I've been ending up with - I don't think the results 
will be meaningful to anyone other than Ryan, Henrik, and myself. So I 
propose to take a more incremental approach, at least for the next few 
steps.

There are some model and view changes that can happen as part of the 
normal maintenance activities that will greatly simplify talking about 
the larger improvements. I plan to start working on those immediately, 
making best use of our maintenance resources.

There are some larger goal/design conversations to have (or revisit). 
I'll start those by email on this list.

The first one (the meat of which I'll send in a separate message) is 
whether we want the datatracker, for future meetings, to produce a set 
of proceedings as a self-contained, exportable, set of files, or if we 
should expect that people would just use the datatracker to view 
proceedings for those meetings it has the information. (Don't reply here 
- wait for the longer description).

Does anyone think we should approach this some different way?

RjS

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 13:20:13 -0500

Robert:

> The first one (the meat of which I'll send in a separate message) is whether we want the datatracker, for future meetings, to produce a set of proceedings as a self-contained, exportable, set of files, or if we should expect that people would just use the datatracker to view proceedings for those meetings it has the information. (Don't reply here - wait for the longer description).

We used to make a CD image for each meeting.  We stopped doing that because we found that people were using the web instead.  I think that decision sets the direction here.

Russ