Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Notes for tomorrow's tools call

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 12:31:41 -0600

*) Expected Releases:
   See <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan> and 
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN>

   I am focusing on improvements to the nomcom code, and hope to have a 
commit ready for merge to trunk by the end of the winter break. If 
you're curious, you can see progress so far here: 
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/log/personal/rjs/v6.9.1.dev0-nomcom?action=stop_on_copy&mode=stop_on_copy&rev=10590&stop_rev=&limit=100&verbose=on>

*) Several things that should be going to bid.
    - Review Tracking
    - Tracking Internet-Draft Manual Post Requests
    - Interim Meeting Management
    - Author Statistics
    - RFC Editor Stats and Metrics (wasn't as cooked before the last 
call, but should be ready now)

*) Email archives
    - The IMAP server continues to function without incident
    - Some progress has been made on adding Resent-* headers when 
forwarding through the @ietf.org aliases, some additional work is being 
done before we deploy.
    - We've identified a set of things to do (and developed a level of 
effort estimate) for repairing a significant portion of the known broken 
messages in the archive. Work on this should start soon.
    - I am still gathering feedback on 
draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch-improvements. It's been called to the 
attention of tools-discuss (see the "What's happening to the email 
archives?" thread). I plan to rev the draft soon and point to the draft 
from ietf-general.

*) Meeting materials
     I did not get cycles to work on the SoW for improving handling 
meeting materials and proceedings since the last tools call. I plan to 
focus first on finishing the nomcom improvements, and then work on this SoW.

*) RFC Format
    The suite of format documents is in IAB review. A couple of IAB 
members are already sending comments.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 16:28:15 -0500

Robert:

>   - RFC Editor Stats and Metrics (wasn't as cooked before the last call, but should be ready now)

Author statistics is ready for bid, but it is a lower priority than the other things.  We want to get some numbers for the higher priority ones to see how they track with the budget.

Russ