Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Priority on funded development tasks

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:04:37 -0500

We discussed eight chunks of work that the IAOC will need to fund.  We
need to attack them in priority order to ensure that we stay within the
tools budget for 2016.  Below is my view of the priority.  Please tell
me if you see things differently.

(1)  Repair the "broken" messages in the email archive

     The estimate is that there are 34,000 messages that need to be
     fixed.  Ryan will repair the ones in the IETF Discussion list
     ([email-masked]) in order to get a feel for the hours to do the
     whole job.  Expect to award the work to AMS once the estimate is
     in hand.

(2)  Improvements to mail archive tool

     Current estime is 40 hours.  Robert will write a short SOW.
     Expect to award to AMS since the original author can make the
     changes more quickly than anyone else.

(3) Interim Meeting Management

     IDIQ bid; SOW: draft-sparks-genarea-interim-management-00.txt

(4)  Tracking Manual I-D Post Requests

     IDIQ bid; SOW: draft-sparks-genarea-manualpost-tracking-00.txt

(5)  Review Tracking

     RFP; SOW: draft-sparks-genarea-review-tracker-03.txt

(6) RFC Editor Statistics and Metrics

     Expect this to be ready for bid in mid-December.

(7) RFC Format-related Tools

     RFP; Six SOWs: http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/rfced/

(8)  Author Statistics

     IDIQ bid; SOW: draft-housley-sow-author-statistics-01.txt

(9)  Meeting Materials Management

     Robert is just beginning the SOW.  Expect IDIQ bid in mid-2016.

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:26:54 -0500

Russ

There's additional work related to the IETF website revamp identified during the project. Estimating $25K. 
Greg can elaborate. 

Ray

> On Nov 17, 2015, at 3:04 PM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 08:46:14 -0800

Out of curiosity, how does the TMC decide what goes for an IDIQ bid
versus out for the open to the universe bid?

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:51:46 -0500

> versus out for the open to the universe bid?

The IDIQ bidders are pre-qualified for work in python, especially using the django framework.  If we need other skills, then we go for the wider audience.  When we do a full RFP, we make sure that the IDIQ venders receive the RFP as well.

Russ