Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Mailman moderation message issue

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 16:37:58 -0700

Dear IETF Leadership:

A problem has been discovered wherein Mailman list moderation alert
messages were not being sent to mailing list owners.  This was being caused
by list owner aliases not being recognized by the mail transport system.

We have regenerated the mail transport configuration and rebuilt the alias
tables, and the issue has been resolved..

In the meantime, any of you who run mailing lists should check your list
moderation queues, when you have time, to ensure that any old messages are
processed or cleared.

We apologize for the inconvenience here.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 18:31:08 -0700

I'll follow up with Andrew directly now, and if there's anything else to
report, we will send an update to this group.

Glen

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I'm still hearing reports from moderators that [email-masked] messages
> aren't happening.  Could there be an additional thing for iab.org?
>
> A
>
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 04:37:58PM -0700, Glen wrote:
> > Dear IETF Leadership:
> >
> --
> Andrew Sullivan
> [email-masked]

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 18:57:34 -0700

Just so nobody worries...

Andrew's problem turned out to be just Mary not receiving moderation
messages - that was due to a test alias I had put in during debugging
yesterday.  I've cleared that up, and have checked the logs and confirmed
that all other lists are receiving moderation messages normally now (as was
the IAB list - just not Mary.)  She's fixed now.

Glen