Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] milestones listed in reverse?

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 16:40:42 -0400

Hi,
    Does anyone know why the data tracker has started listing milestones
in reverse (with last date first)?

Thanks,
Lou

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 16:15:24 -0500

Well, it's not super recent - it came in with the facelift, so it should 
have been this way since April.

Digging into the history, it looks like the change came from Lars' 
original facelift work.

Thinking a bit about it, I think having them listed in the current order 
(future things first, very old things last) is more useful than the 
other way around - a reader looking at most charters will find the 
relevant things more quickly.

RjS

On 10/2/15 3:40 PM, Lou Berger wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 17:28:24 -0400

Hi Robert,

> have been this way since April.

Frankly, I typically look at charter and deliverables via the tools page
and it still has it the old way.  I had to review the milestones for a
new WG and this is the first time I noticed it.  The AD I was talking to
must do things the same way I do as she too commented on the surprising
ordering.

> relevant things more quickly.

I guess this is a matter of personal preference and habit.  I typically
only look at milestones to see what needs updating and what's coming
up.  This typically involves looking for the first not 'done' items.   
The new order makes this more cumbersome (need to go the end and read
up.)  It's not really a big deal for me as I really just use the tools
page. 

Note that when you go to edit the milestones, they are still
(thankfully) in chronological order.

Although the new UI is really painful when entering multiple new
milestones -- a tsv or csv upload feature would be really nice -- just
wishful thinking.

Thanks,
Lou