Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Agenda -- 13 October 2015 at 13:00 Eastern

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:14:02 -0400

I have not seem much discussion of the draft SOWs.

For the RFC Editor tools, the SOWs are here:
http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/rfced/

In addition, Robert asked for review of three additional SOWs:
http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/pmsow/

Please send comments before the tools call scheduled for next Tuesday.

Russ

= = = = = = = = 

Tools Call Agenda -- 13 October 2015 at 13:00 Eastern

1. Datatracker Projects
   - Expected Datatracker Releases -- Robert and Henrik
     -- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan
   - Update instructions for I-D Submission tool -- Robert
   - Liaison Tool improvements -- Robert
   - Tracking Internet-Draft Manual Post Requests -- Robert
   - Interim Meeting Management -- Robert
   - Review Tracking -- Robert
   - Author Statistics -- Russ

2. Community & Other Projects
   - Improve infrastructure for finding and fetching artifacts -- Robert
   - IETF Website Makeover -- Joe and Greg

3. RFC Services Projects
   - RFC Editor Website Makeover -- Alice and Heather
   - RSE's Design Teams -- Heather
   - RFC Format-related SOWs -- Robert

4. Transition of Mission Critical Tools
   - Moving issue trackers and wikis for IETF WGs on ietf.org

5. Server Infrastructure
   - File sync from Sunnyvale to Orlando -- Henrik
   - IMAP access to the email archives -- Robert

6. IDIQ Contractors
   - RFP for more IDIQ contractors -- Ray

7. Parking Lot
   - Mentor Support Tool -- AMS
   - RFC Editor automatic stats and reporting RFP -- Heather
   - Author information for very old I-Ds in the datatracker -- Robert
   - Replace I-Ds in proceedings with links to archive copy?
   - Can the test process for the NomCom Tool be more comprehensive?
   - Performance improvements and transition to Postgres -- Henrik
   - VM Architecture for Servers -- Robert
   - Add the YANG checker to the I-D Submission Tool
   - Submit an I-D directly from GitHub

8. AOB

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:19:59 -0500

Some notes (and questions) to try to help make tomorrow's call efficient:

> Please send comments before the tools call scheduled for next Tuesday.
We've issued a bugfix release and a major functionality release 
(liaision tool) so far this month.
The new email management framework should be released very soon (maybe 
before tomorrow's call).
We have some big work from Iola ready to merge:
* improvements to saving things like Documents, capturing events and 
history more consistently
* improvements to the test crawler to cover pages when logged in as the 
secretariat, and fixes to the bugs exposed by doing that crawl
More are expected soon.

We need to identify the release we will have in hand for the codesprint.
>     - Update instructions for I-D Submission tool -- Robert
I think Henrik was addressing this? (It may have been part of the recent 
bugfix release).
>     - Liaison Tool improvements -- Robert
Released Saturday - deployed today.
>     - Improve infrastructure for finding and fetching artifacts -- Robert
Nothing new to discuss.
>     - Moving issue trackers and wikis for IETF WGs on ietf.org
Requires datatracker work, slated for after we work on integrating YANG 
checkers.
>     - IMAP access to the email archives -- Robert
The production instance is deployed. We need to build a documentation 
page for it (similar to the testing page).
We may need to tweak the MySQL timeout settings, or cron a periodic 
restart until we get traffic onto it - otherwise, logins stop working 
when the connection times out.
>     - RFC Editor automatic stats and reporting RFP -- Heather
This should come out of the parking lot.
>     - Submit an I-D directly from GitHub
I have an outstanding task that is not moving that I want to report on.

We need to refactor the meeting materials.

We decided not to burden the Interim Meeting Management project with 
changes to the materials pages because we're expecting this refactor.

This would also be where we address the request from the IESG to capture 
meeting summaries, and slides (or other artifacts) that should be 
attached to a meeting even if they weren't presented (see the discussion 
in http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/1773)

We have a start towards the necessary refactor that we released to 
support the EDU team. Unfortunately, it's not been obvious when upload 
things using the new forms there, and when to keep using the old meeting 
materials page. Some of both has been happening, resulting in a small 
mess that will take a data migration to straighten out. I had hoped to 
do that before Yokohama, but that's not how it looks like it will turn 
out. I will work with Mirja to get the team through Yokohama with as 
little impedance as possible, while keeping the eventual fix migration 
feasible.

I have a start at some more major work which I showed folks at the 
Prague codesprint, but have not kept it up to date with trunk, and it 
has not gotten any real cycles since Prague.

I think this should be a high priority task after Yokohama. How do we 
prioritize it against, say, the YANG work?

It will require attention from the Secretariat (mostly Ryan I think), 
and me and Henrik.

>
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:55:07 -0700

1. Datatracker Projects

* Liaison tool is deployed, no major issues. Can be removed from future
agenda.
* Update to the datatracker later today will include email changes, as
discussed on list.
* Expect 2-3 (or more) releases before we get to the Codesprint.
* Instructions for I-D submission were added in the very latest release;
can remove from future agenda.
* Tracking I-D manual post requests; Robert has incorporated the
comments received from the Secretariat. Benson to review sometime in the
next 24 hours, and unless he has comments, this and the Interim Meeting
Management SOW are ready to send to the IAOC and ask that they start the
community feedback process.
* Review Tracking SOW: This is a wrapper around the RFC that has already
been through community review. OK for the IAOC to move this forward as well.
* Author stats: community review is complete, waiting for write up. Russ
to nudge Jari.

* Nothing new to report on infrastructure for finding and fetching
artifacts.
* IETF website makeover: project is on track in terms of time. We have
decided to push the rollover to after IETF 94. Alexa is working with
Torchbox to schedule the training around the new CMS for the
Secretariat. Note that there have been URLs changed, and some have been
given redirects, but some have not. Content team has made that evaluation.

3. RFC Services Projects
   - Stats and Metrics

* Website makeover went well. Collecting feedback on the RSE wiki. Will
be meeting this afternoon with Sandy and Alice to discuss and prioritize
any changes as a result of that feedback. There are 65 scripts (PHP) are
now in one place (underlying reorg). The static pages, about 42, were
all migrated from hand-edited HTML files.
* Stats and Metrics: any objection to asking the IAOC that the SOW,
which has gone through community review last year, be moved into the RFP
process? No objections
* RSE Design team - Format work: the bundle of drafts have been
completed and sent to the RSOC this morning to start their review
process. They have a reading order and description; you can see that on
the design team wiki along with a pointer to the SOWs
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/doku.php?id=design:start)
* RFC Format-related SOWs: review the SOWs as part of the drafts
* Codesprint: Heather and Robert working together to identify an RFC
Editor-requested project that can be handled through the codesprint.

* This hasn't moved much since last call. All work currently on Henrik's
plate; he has to write the glue code. It is behind integrating the YANG
checkers.

5. Server Infrastructure

* New version of ghostlinkd; it is able to do the rsyncs every time a
doc lands in the watched directory. Henrik has configured this for new
drafts; may want to do this for other docs as well (e.g., new charters,
assignment). Tool is ready, policy decisions regarding what else should
be synced need to happen. Glen to look at the non-rsynced directories
and which of those things are on the "normal" run and will send to Russ
and Henrik. Go ahead and keep the existing rsyncs going for now.
* IMAP: production server is deployed since end of last week. Link send
to Tools Dev with instructions. Would like to introduce a few users, but
haven't found the correct volunteers. Hoping to announce this between
now and Yokohama (mid-next week?). Side issue, need to change the
timeout between the MySQL and Django. Glen to review and set timeout to
a week.

6. IDIQ Contractors

* No update.

7. Parking Lot
   - RFC Editor automatic stats and reporting RFP -- Heather **moved out
of parking lot**

8. AOB
* xml2rfc - please release code with bug fixes

* "We need to refactor the meeting materials" (See Robert's email on 12
October 2015)
Where should this be prioritized? Should this go to an IDIQ contractor
(that would require an SOW). Next step: Robert to write out the
requirements and what needs to happen; try to have the first draft by
Yokohama.