Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] RSE update for the Tools Dev team call, 15 Sep 2015

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 17:23:57 -0700

In case speaking turns out to be more challenging than one would hope
as I learn to love the braces installed today.

- ----
Format Design Team update
Julian is working on the updates to xml2rfc v2, though httpbis-auth has
just reached AUTH48 and he's likely to give that priority.
Of the v3-related drafts, I am waiting on the PDF (two TBDs in the draft
to be resolved) and the SVG draft (RNC required). I do not have a firm
timeline from the authors on those drafts regarding when they'll be
ready to go.  Noting that the entire bundle of nine drafts are moving as
a cluster, I did give the RSOC a preview into where things stand with
the drafts, and Joel Halpern has done a review of the HTML and
plain-text drafts. Updates will be forthcoming.

The RSOC has asked for a requested reading order list and set
check-points around the draft reviews; it's too big a bundle to just
send out for review without both context and assistance in staying
organized through the review. I will be putting that together as part of
the official review request to the RSOC, and will send something similar
to the IAB and the community when these drafts reach those groups.

RFC Editor Website update
The RSOC has reviewed the new website and offered several useful
suggestions. I met with Sandy and Alice on Friday to review those
suggestions, and a Alice will be working on modifications this week. Of
particular note, AMS has hired a designer to look specifically at the
Info pages; as the primary landing page for RFCs (from the RFC Editor's
perspective), making sure they show us at our best is important. We
expect to remove the password lock on the revised website soon, and at
that point we will send a note to the IAB, IESG, and the Tools Committee
to give them a chance to see the changes.

RPC Programmer (.5 FTE) work status
These aren't items that fall under the Tools Team process, but just to
keep you informed about what's going on with the RPC programmer:
In progress:
- - add mailing list to info pages
- - RFC 10K bug analysis (as time permits; this is not urgent)

Next on the list:
- - improve cluster_info.php so it's sorted by state
- - audit of internal archive of material, making sure that what is in
the public space matches the archive. (To clarify this point, there is
a public repository and an internal repository. The latter contains
the source files and the original approved I-D, in addition to the
published RFC, as per a requirement in the SOW. Since the archiving
process has grown rather organically over the years, some work needs
to be done to go back and make sure everything is in place as per
current best practice.)

Recently completed:
- - fixed bug in rfcmeta.php (info page)

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:36:37 -0500

Per today's call:

Before the next tools call (13 Oct), please look over the RFC Format 
related SoWs with a fresh eye and help make sure they still properly 
reflect the content of the format design team drafts.

The current versions of the SoWs are here:
http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/rfced/

RjS

On 9/14/15 7:23 PM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2
> Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
>
> iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJV92UdAAoJEER/xjINbZoG2UcH/iIB5vppxqsd4iHKrapY+WzI
> +ocUqhxMW4+Y42nvZDIOP3ZhKdRgbErTP6ZreoRkZhRFLgrvSlS0uZ8fVaQgf813
> wF68x2vzHM9LtE7VUsCFT49H37quSlS4aiDDe6Sn0pde1Hpx+jTcUdTu452fAeWe
> feRhu/pVgZ/v7PT0GTOFUOYWxa4ySYJFyT3Ccexb878WQiT0Sv3KrtEZjT7VIZSd
> SW701z5kDA/fFhbmh3Y1HlNDR/ah1Rk8Cuaap+us1HaHcgWIcPox2OTQ0PGLkI61
> WktTCtec+FQ5V6eQL9dws8tDQRBGnPga5Ia2Jnr7tkc6EaXe4srmC+gbfxaw6ko=
> =Ur31
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development