Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] IETF Website Degradation

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 15:03:50 -0700

All -

We are experiencing degradation on the websites served by the primary IETF
server group, including the IETF main website, the IAB and IRTF sites, and
the Datatracker.

Page load times for all sites are extremely slow.

We have engineers working on this now.

The problem *seems* to be that Cloudflare is sending us hundreds of
simultaneous connections from hundreds of different IP addresses across
many netblocks.  We are contacting Cloudflare now to see why this is
happening, and what can be done to mitigate it, and we are continuing to
investigate options on our end to restore normal service.

Other services and sites are not impacted, and one way or another we will
have service restored shortly.  Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)