Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Rough Notes Tools Call 2015-06-09

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 14:02:27 -0400

Tools Call 9 Jun 15

Attendees

Robert
Ray
Alexa
Greg
Heather
Karen
Lou
Russ
Ryan
Matt
Glen
Tony
Henrik
Kathleen

1. Datatracker Projects

 - Expected Datatracker Releases -- Robert and Henrik

   -- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan

Robert -

That link currently says:

Jun	Support for xml-only draft submission

Jun	ScheduledSession, meeting cutoffs, floorplan, and possibly
document tags schema change

Jun	Leveraging CDN for serving external static libs

Jul	Liaison tool improvements

Jul	Improvements to when and where the tracker sends email

There is also a moderate-sized maintenance release coming up that
includes addressing facelift issues, improving capturing IANA
comments, handling some ART issues,  and adding more meeting support
for the secretariat.

 - Submission tool automatically generates text from XML -- Robert

Henrik is working on this one - it will be the first of the releases
above.

 - Liaison Tool improvements -- Robert

On track. Ryan is finishing the new forms and workflow functionality
the project required. I'll be vetting the "default initial contacts"
for each external group through the liaison oversight program soon.

A fair amount of work to do. Getting most of Ryan’s time.  End of
July timeline to getting it done.

 - Performance improvements -- Henrik

Moving static pages so CDN could help us on reduced latency; an
upcoming release

 - Review Tracking -- Robert

The document is in Jari's hands (AD Evaluation). Pete Resnick has
agreed to shepherd and will provide a shepherd writeup next week. I
have minor comments from Jari and from Brian Carpenter to
incorporate.

Right at Last Call now

 - iCal for face-to-face and virtual interim meetings -- Robert

I am still thinking through building and serving these calendars
directly from the tracker.  So far, it looks like it will be fairly
straightforward.

Need some cycles to finish.  Expect to send a readout on this end of
next week, hopefully done and part of a maintenance release update;
but there may still be surprises.

 - Automation for WG iCal creation and deletion -- Robert

Waiting to do this until we have more experience from the groups
that are trying to use these calendars.

 - Making email sending table driven -- Henrik and Robert

Nothing new to report - this is in the queue as shown at the top of
this message.

 - Upload PPT or PDF or both for meeting materials -- Robert

Henrik has provided info on these tools and Ryan is reviewing to see
if AMS can use.  Alexa - we will have in place.

2. Community & Other Projects

 - Present a directory view of active, archived, and unknown
 I-Ds	-- Robert

 - Improve infrastructure for finding and fetching artifacts --
 Robert

Nothing new to report on those two items

These two projects - what needs to be done with 1st one - something
that works cleanly with RFCdiff and archive, and which things work
with subpoenas and don’t.  Robert - I think we have that.

2nd - want to move some of these directories around to make Apache
and rsync work better.  Won’t change anything people see;
documentation is being updated if things move

 - IETF Website Makeover -- Joe and Greg

Greg - Joe has convened the Community Review Committee and will
begin work this week; on track.  Hope to have something for the
community by Prague.

3. RFC Services Projects

 - xml2rfc bug fixes -- Alice and Henrik

Alice - one more bug with new DOI.  Not keeping us from doing job.
Henrik - still a number of bugs, none critical.  Lower in the queue.
Not needed to be tracked.  Don’t track other system bugs.

 - RFC Editor Website Makeover -- Alice and Heather

On track and now working on dynamic data; may have an update for
stream manager lunch.

 - RFC Format-related SOWs -- Robert

There is a revision of the PublicationFormatter that takes the
design-team's work on draft-hoffman-rfcv3-preptool into account.
Both of those need review please.

An important chunk of processing; places where decisions made to
pull into all external content for draft submission tool; some
sections pretty straight forward; includes policy that folks should
think about.  Ee want to keep the artifact around in a draft
repository, this is new.

When might the SOWs be put out to bid?

Robert - July - August.  Heather - concur.  Still some major chasms
to close.

 - RSE's Design Teams -- Heather

Call this afternoon.

4. Transition of Mission Critical Tools

 - Moving issue trackers and wikis for IETF WGs on ietf.org

Last time - Henrik and Glen to meet in Prague.

5. Server Infrastructure

 - IMAP access to the email archives -- Robert

This got a lot of time this cycle:

* We spent some time working out why the authorization system would
frequently stop working. It turned out to be a consequence of not
having many users - connections to MySQL were timing out.

* We spent a lot of time repairing bad dates in the messages in
several lists, and cleaning up some critical messages that were
parsed out of the mbox files incorrectly. We've identified a couple
of classes of other messages that need repair (affecting a
significant part of the archive), but this is not blocking.

Being fixed by scripts, not by hand.

* I am recruiting the next round of testers and getting them started
on testing. So far we've gotten positive feedback from Cyrus.

Production - by Prague.

 - VM Architecture for Servers -- Robert

Nothing new to report.

FTP servers

6. IDIQ Contractors

 - RFP for more IDIQ contractors -- Ray

No expressions of interest as yet, but there are some folks who are
interested.  So, there might be 3 coming in soon.

7. Parking Lot

 - Mentor Support Tool -- AMS

 - RFC Editor automatic stats and reporting RFP -- Heather

 - Author information for very old I-Ds in the datatracker -- Robert

 - Replace I-Ds in proceedings with links to archive copy?

 - Can the test process for the NomCom Tool be more comprehensive?

8. AOB

Robert - some small SOWs for handling interim meetings management
and manual submission of IDs requests.  On the cusp of being bid
out.

Kathleen - curious as to state of requests from IESG

Robert - “discuss box” all fixed, in an upcoming bug fix next week.

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 11:10:23 -0700

Sorry I missed the call, I was getting ready for a trip and wasn’t watching what time it was (other than when I have to leave for the airport).

Bob

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 11:02 AM, Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Tools Call 9 Jun 15
> 
> Attendees
> 
> Robert
> Ray
> Alexa
> Greg
> Heather
> Karen
> Lou
> Russ
> Ryan
> Matt
> Glen
> Tony
> Henrik
> Kathleen
> 
> 1. Datatracker Projects
> 
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development