Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Update: Circuit routing issues, IETF Sunnyvale

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 17:06:57 -0700

All -

Two hours ago I reported that we were observing intermittent packet loss to
the IETF main servers in Sunnyvale from several different geographic
areas.  The problem appeared to have been in the handoff router from Level
3 to us, which is Level 3's responsibility.  A ticket was opened with Level
3 at that time.

As of 30 minutes ago, all packet loss issues appear to have been resolved.
All of my remote test locations (Orlando, Portland, San Diego, Fremont,
Campbell) now show full connectivity to Sunnyvale with no packet loss, and
have for the past 30 minutes or so.  There is no further indication that
any loss is occurring on any services with the IETF.

I'm still seeing some strangeness on traceroutes from some locations,
although there is no packet loss from those same locations, even in flood
mode, even with larger packet sizes.  And I still haven't heard anything
from Level 3 yet, which makes me grumpy.

So I will be watching this weekend and following up with them on these
things; however, at least from a useability standpoint, it appears that all
IETF services are completely up and running and "back to normal" at this
time. If anything degrades again, or if the situation changes, I will send
an update again.

Thanks for your patience with this strange interruption.

Best,
Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)