Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] WebEx meeting invitation: Tools Cmte

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 07:59:56 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

Ray Pelletier invites you to join this WebEx meeting.

Tools Cmte
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
1:00 pm  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)  |  1 hr

JOIN WEBEX MEETING
https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/j.php?MTID=m3feb6557c9f8fc854a89ae06df545e0f
Meeting number: 824 593 205

JOIN BY PHONE
1-877-668-4490 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada) 
1-408-792-6300 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 824 593 205

Global call-in numbers:
https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=305411717&tollFree=1

Toll-free dialing restrictions: 
http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf

Add this meeting to your calendar:
https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/j.php?MTID=m384996b21d828bc9729a46da23f6d40f

Can't join the meeting? Contact support here:
https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/mc

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 09:31:24 +0100

We have a few things to add to the agenda for this call from the 
IESG/IAB retreat:

1) We have a request from the IESG to modify the draft submission tool 
to allow authors to submit a draft in only xml2rfc form, generating the 
text for them. This is a first, experimental step towards dealing with 
the new format world, focusing on any issues that xml only submission 
might bring.

2) We have observations from the meeting that the path we're on with WG 
calendars will not meet the need, at least for making it easy for people 
to learn about interim meetings from other working groups. Specifically, 
a view of "all interim meetings" or "all interim meetings for these two 
areas" will not be easy to obtain. We should discuss alternatives. My 
initial suggestion is that we split keeping track of interim meetings 
from the other things a group might use a calendar resource for, and 
provide a view into upcoming interims from the datatracker directly 
(since it has to know about interim meetings anyhow).

3) There are concerns that it is not easy for a group to communicate 
what tooling it is using for a given draft. (Are they using only the 
list, are they using a trac tracker, are they using github). There may 
be a need to display additional information conveying that somewhere.

I expect there will be more points that come up later this week that we 
should discuss - I'll send an update Friday.

RjS

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 06:41:48 -0400

> 3) There are concerns that it is not easy for a group to communicate what tooling it is using for a given draft. (Are they using only the list, are they using a trac tracker, are they using github). There may be a need to display additional information conveying that somewhere.

Some authors include a paragraph that the I-D is being discussed on the foobar mail list.  Isn't it sufficient to include paragraphs on these topics as well?

Russ

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 16:31:22 +0200

> Some authors include a paragraph that the I-D is being discussed on the foobar mail list.  Isn't it sufficient to include paragraphs on these topics as well?

Starting with some background info, I have a comment on that below:

The per-WG document overview pages on tools.ietf.org today show per-draft
issue status indications, see for instance

  https://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/

Once we have moved the wg trackers to the main ietf server, it would make
sense to provide that kind of information on the equivalent datatracker page.

Now, Benoit has recently (for the second time) asked if it's possible to
provide links to non-trac issue trackers in the comment field (instead of
the ticket summary graphic) for each document, in order to point people in
the right direction if a WG or a specific document doesn't use the wiki tracker,
but does use an external tracker.

In order to be able to render such a link, it would be better to have the
information in a database table than to have it only in a paragraph in the
document.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 16:44:10 +0200

On 2015-05-06 16:31, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> ...

Is this something xml2rfcv3 should support directly (as metadata)?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 07:59:59 -0400

> information in a database table than to have it only in a paragraph in the

Thanks.  This context was really useful to me.  Who will set this in the database?  WG chair?  Doc author?

Russ

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 22:09:58 +0200

> the database?  WG chair?  Doc author?

I seem to have missed replying timely to this.  I would expect it to be settable
by both Doc Authors and WG Chairs.

Best regards,

	Henrik