Subject: Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] New datatracker release: v6.0.1

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 16:59:47 -0400

Thanks for all of the work!

The Datatracker v6.0.1 release notes include:

>  * Replaced google-served fonts with self-hosted ones.  After a testing
>    period with the current 'access plus 4 hours' Cache-Control setting,
>    we should probably increase the cache control for external static files.

How does this get handled?

Russ

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:24:34 +0200

Hi Russ,

> How does this get handled?

I expect to change the layout in one of the next releases so that all
external files are in one tree of the static files area, with names
that include version strings, while our own files (which can change
from release to release to release without being renamed), are served
from another tree under the static files area.  That should let us
set a very long (4 weeks or more) Cache-Control: max-age setting for
the version-named external files.

I expect to handle the necessary changes to the Apache config at release
time in cooperation with Glen and Jermaine.

(This is not something we can easily fix at once, because external
files and own static files are commingled in the same trees in many
cases, even if I've tried to move external files into 'lib' directories
-- that's not enough to let us easily set different max-age values.)

Best regards,

	Henrik