Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Short summary of status of the IMAP server

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:23:39 -0500

We are getting some good feedback from early testing.

Here are a few highlights:

* The server is very responsive - I'm finding the access to be 
incredibly useful in my own testing (mostly due to the organization and 
search features in the clients I'm using to test with.

* We have a non-trivial number of malformed Date headers that we 
discussed during the call. I'll look into what will be involved in 
moving those to an X- header, preserving the original information and 
perhaps adding an explanation, and providing a well-formed Date header.

* We have a _lot_ of spam, and a lot of lists (particularly mirrors of 
external, closed, lists) that are ingesting a significant number of new 
spam messages per day. These are easier to see with an IMAP client, and 
are more expensive to us when we expose the archives over IMAP (since 
clients will download them).

* We are getting some traffic data, but not yet enough to interpolate 
from. That said, I made a client download the entire archive from a 
high-bandwidth location. You can see the result at 
http://devc.amsl.com/mrtg/ - look at the burst that lasted most of 
Friday and into Saturday.

* We are knocking the server over with early testing, but Alexey thinks 
he's isolated and corrected the problem. We'll expand the tester base 
when we've checked that it's as stable as expected with the correction.

RjS