Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Cmte & TMC 2015 Calendar Subscription

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 09:55:09 -0500

All;

The IAOC is using the CalDAV calendar program for its meeting and 
committee meeting schedules.

Information is below if you would like to subscribe.

Ray

IETF is now operating a CalDAV server.
At this time, several IAOC calendars are being maintained on the server, and
are available for public subscription.  These calendars include:

https://ical.ietf.org/public.php/IAOC/Tools

Interested parties can subscribe to the calendar feed(s) of their choice by
using the URLs listed above.  The exact method of subscribing to a calendar
feed varies from client to client.  As an example, the following instructions will
allow Apple iCal users to subscribe to a calendar feed.

1. From the File menu, choose "New Calendar Subscription".
2. Enter the URL for the desired calendar in the resulting dialog box.
3. Click Subscribe.
4. In the dialog box that appears, set the desired options for refresh rates,
alerts, and the name of the calendar, and click OK.

The calendar will appear on your list of calendars, and the items on the
calendar will populate onto your calendar display.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 09:14:30 -0600

Thanks for sending this Ray!

I think there's a bug to work out:
The Jan 13th tools meeting shows at 1pm HST instead of 1pm EST.

It would also be nice if the webex information were included.

RjS

On 12/3/14 8:55 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 10:05:12 -0500

Has anyone been able to add this to an iPhone or iPad calendar? I get 
error messages about "Cannot Connect using SSL" with offers to modify 
the URL to remove SSL, which then fails to work as well.

     Tony Hansen

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:29:10 -0600

I have, but via iCloud sync after adding the calendar in Calendar.app on 
my laptop.

Have you tried opening it the link in safari on one of those devices?

I'm betting you're running into the device not trusting the startech 
cert and the calender app not being able to ask you about it.

RjS

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 10:45:57 -0500

I can well believe the conjecture about the cert causing issues for the 
calendar app.

Opening them within Safari brought up the 21 events, and then let me add 
them to my calendar. Safari did NOT mention the certificate at all. Of 
course, the single-shot loading loses the advantages of the calendar 
being on a server.

     Tony

On 12/5/14, 10:29 AM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> I have, but via iCloud sync after adding the calendar in Calendar.app 
> on my laptop.
>

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:49:03 -0600

On 12/5/14 9:45 AM, Tony Hansen wrote:
> I can well believe the conjecture about the cert causing issues for 
> the calendar app.
>
> Opening them within Safari brought up the 21 events, and then let me 
> add them to my calendar. Safari did NOT mention the certificate at 
> all. Of course, the single-shot loading loses the advantages of the 
> calendar being on a server.
You might see if subscribing from the calendar app works now (Safari 
might have left twiddled bits around after it decided it was ok to let 
you retrieve the resource).
>>> Has anyone been able to add this to an iPhone or iPad calendar? I 
>>> get error messages about "Cannot Connect using SSL" with offers to 
>>> modify the URL to remove SSL, which then fails to work as well.
>>>
>>>     Tony Hansen
>>>

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 11:31:16 -0500

> you retrieve the resource).

Yeah, I did try that. No love unfortunately.

     Tony Hansen