Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Automating statistics and reporting SoW (-02)

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 15:03:05 -0500

All -

I've been working with Heather, Alice, and Sandy on the attached SoW to 
improve
the way the RFC Editor generates several of the periodic reporting 
artifacts.

This should be ready to go unless this team spots something that needs 
to change.

RjS

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:52:02 -0400

Robert

I receive a Current Queue Summary every week which lists all the Documents
and their current state and at the end provides an aggregated summary.
That report is not mentioned in this SOW.

I am mainly interested in the aggregated summary and would like to see that on top, not
the bottom, plus I would like to see the last 4 weeks of data to see what the trend is.

Can we add that report to this work?

Ray
On Jul 7, 2014, at 4:03 PM, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:

> All -
> 
> I've been working with Heather, Alice, and Sandy on the attached SoW to improve
> the way the RFC Editor generates several of the periodic reporting artifacts.
> 
> This should be ready to go unless this team spots something that needs to change.
> 
> RjS
> <AutomatedReporting-02.docx><AutomatedReporting-02.pdf>_______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Sandy Ginoza <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 09:46:47 -0700

Ray,

The queue summary that you're referring to
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/CurrQstats.txt) is the first link under Queue
Statistics on http://www.rfc-editor.org/reports. It's already automated,
so I'm not sure there's a work item there.

As for the past 4 weeks of data, it's intentional to no longer
provide weekly graphs; after discussion at a stream managers' meeting regarding potential changes to our reporting, there was preference for providing a sliding 12-month report.  In addition, the weekly graphs
were tough to read and didn't seem to provide a good basis for
determining trends because the short time period.  We believe the
monthly counts are more helpful - please see the "# of Docs in Primary
Processing States" graph on http://www.rfc-editor.org/reports/ to see
the amount of docs in each state grow/shrink over time.  For example, we
can see the sudden increase in queue size in Feb and the steady decrease
each month thereafter.

Thanks,
Sandy

On Jul 8, 2014, at 7:52 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> _______________________________________________

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 13:02:21 -0400

On Jul 9, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Sandy Ginoza <[email-masked]> wrote:

> (http://www.rfc-editor.org/CurrQstats.txt)

Glad that report is automated.  Not the same as the weekly email however with its list
of all the docs and they state they are in, then the summary at the bottom.
And the link in that report http://www.rfc-editor.org/current_queue.php is not the same as the
one above.  see below.

> is the first link under Queue
> provide weekly graphs; after discussion at a stream managers' meeting regarding potential changes to our reporting, there was preference for providing a sliding 12-month report.

And I agree with that.  Perhaps then the link to that annual report could be
included in the Weekly Current Queue Email (see below)

Thanks
Ray

>  In addition, the weekly graphs

> From: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: RFC Editor - Current Queue Summary
> Date: July 8, 2014 at 2:20:03 AM GMT-4
> To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> 
> RFC Editor Queue Report
> 
> Note: To view this report at any time, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/current_queue.php
> Below is a snapshot.
> 
>   Current       Weeks in    Weeks          Draft name                                       Cluster    Pages     Submitted
>   state         state       in q
> 
>    EDIT*R           3.9      22.6  draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-17                          C216        24        2014-01-30
>    EDIT             7.9       7.7  draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-15                                   37        2014-05-14
>    EDIT             5.1       5.6  draft-ietf-mpls-psc-updates-06                           C224        11        2014-05-29
>    EDIT             4.7       5.0  draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-16                                     41        2014-06-02
>    EDIT             5.0       5.0  draft-ietf-sidr-policy-qualifiers-02                                 4         2014-06-02
>    EDIT             5.0       5.0  draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations-02                            7         2014-06-02
>    EDIT*A           4.1       4.4  draft-ietf-bfd-tc-mib-08                                             12        2014-06-06
>    EDIT             4.6       4.4  draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-17                                       24        2014-06-06
>    EDIT*R           3.1       4.4  draft-ietf-bfd-mib-22                                                38        2014-06-06
>    EDIT             1.6       4.0  draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-rfc5996bis-04                            139       2014-06-09
>    EDIT             3.7       3.7  draft-ietf-cdni-framework-14                             C216        56        2014-06-11
>    EDIT             2.7       3.4  draft-ietf-6man-multicast-scopes-07                                  7         2014-06-13
>    EDIT             2.6       3.4  draft-ietf-idr-bgp-enhanced-route-refresh-10                         7         2014-06-13
>    EDIT             3.1       3.1  draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-12                    32        2014-06-15
>    EDIT             2.7       3.0  draft-mahalingam-dutt-dcops-vxlan-09                                 23        2014-06-16
>    EDIT             3.0       3.0  draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-trust-maintainance-14                    21        2014-06-16
>    EDIT             2.7       2.9  draft-gieben-pandoc2rfc-03                                           10        2014-06-17
>    EDIT*R           2.6       2.6  draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-09                                 16        2014-06-19
>    EDIT             1.6       2.6  draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-04                                   16        2014-06-19
>    EDIT             2.6       2.6  draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-loop-detection-04                             6         2014-06-19
>    EDIT             1.6       2.0  draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-10                             15        2014-06-23
>    EDIT             2.1       2.0  draft-ietf-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures-08                  22        2014-06-23
>    EDIT             2.1       2.0  draft-ietf-mmusic-udptl-dtls-10                                      24        2014-06-23
>    EDIT             2.1       2.0  draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements-10                              17        2014-06-23
>    EDIT             1.0       1.0  draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-09                                14        2014-06-30
>    EDIT*A           1.0       1.0  draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-13                                 26        2014-06-30
>    EDIT             1.0       1.0  draft-salgueiro-dispatch-websocket-sipclf-02                         8         2014-06-30
>    EDIT             0.7       1.0  draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls-05                                         18        2014-06-30
>    EDIT             1.0       1.0  draft-adolf-dvb-urn-upd-01                                           3         2014-06-30
>    EDIT             0.1       1.0  draft-wilde-xml-patch-10                                             17        2014-06-30
>    EDIT             1.0       0.9  draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-08                                        16        2014-07-01
>    RFC-EDITOR       3.1       7.0  draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-ah-reqts-10                                   11        2014-05-19
>    RFC-EDITOR       0.4       6.9  draft-drage-sipping-rfc3455bis-14                                    46        2014-05-20
>    AUTH48*R         3.0      42.9  draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-10                      C206        19        2013-09-10
>    AUTH48          14.1      22.0  draft-hartmann-default-port-for-irc-via-tls-ssl-09                   6         2014-02-03
>    AUTH48           7.1      18.9  draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mib-15                                         48        2014-02-25
>    AUTH48           3.0      17.6  draft-ietf-alto-protocol-27                              C206        90        2014-03-06
>    AUTH48           5.1      14.0  draft-ietf-radext-ieee802ext-12                                      27        2014-03-31
>    AUTH48           0.7      13.6  draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-05                                  29        2014-04-03
>    AUTH48           2.7      12.0  draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-21                                           49        2014-04-14
>    AUTH48           2.0      11.9  draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-loss-conceal-12                           31        2014-04-15
>    AUTH48           2.1      11.7  draft-ietf-pcp-dhcp-13                                               10        2014-04-16
>    AUTH48           1.9      11.0  draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg-05                                   9         2014-04-21
>    AUTH48           1.9      10.7  draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-12                                19        2014-04-23
>    AUTH48           1.7      10.0  draft-ovsienko-babel-hmac-authentication-09                          55        2014-04-28
>    AUTH48           0.1       9.7  draft-iab-styleguide-02                                              25        2014-04-30
>    AUTH48           0.9       9.6  draft-housley-pkix-oids-03                                           30        2014-05-01
>    AUTH48           1.1       9.1  draft-andrews-dnsext-expire-04                                       5         2014-05-04
>    AUTH48           3.9       8.9  draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-08                                 6         2014-05-06
>    AUTH48           2.6       8.4  draft-moriarty-pkcs12v1-1-05                                         30        2014-05-09
>    AUTH48           0.7       8.0  draft-ietf-payload-rtp-aptx-05                                       22        2014-05-12
>    AUTH48           1.1       7.0  draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-inter-domain-redundancy-07                     12        2014-05-19
>    AUTH48           0.9       6.9  draft-ietf-idr-aigp-18                                               15        2014-05-20
>    AUTH48           0.1       5.6  draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group-07                              7         2014-05-29
>    AUTH48           0.7       5.6  draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-05                                       17        2014-05-29
>    AUTH48           0.1       5.0  draft-iab-itat-report-04                                             15        2014-06-02
>    AUTH48           0.1       4.7  draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-05                            8         2014-06-04
>    AUTH48-DONE      0.9      13.9  draft-iab-rfc4441rev-08                                              33        2014-04-01
>    AUTH             1.1       7.7  draft-ietf-stir-problem-statement-05                                 25        2014-05-14
>    AUTH             0.9       6.9  draft-vanelburg-dispatch-private-network-ind-07                      22        2014-05-20
>    AUTH             1.1       5.9  draft-ietf-eman-framework-19                                         57        2014-05-27
>    REF*R            0.1      17.9  draft-ietf-mpls-forwarding-09                            C224        59        2014-03-04
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   94.0      94.0  draft-ietf-idr-as0-06                                    C171        7         2012-09-17
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   92.9      92.9  draft-ietf-abfab-usecases-05                             C172        14        2012-09-25
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   80.6      80.4  draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-15                   C182        38        2012-12-21
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   78.9      80.4  draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-15                C182        63        2012-12-21
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   73.1      76.7  draft-ietf-bliss-shared-appearances-15                   C184        71        2013-01-16
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   75.6      75.6  draft-ietf-simple-chat-18                                C187        42        2013-01-24
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   51.6      51.7  draft-ietf-appsawg-acct-uri-06                           C202        9         2013-07-10
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   48.1      48.0  draft-ietf-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-04             C204        24        2013-08-05
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   23.7      23.6  draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-13                          C214        61        2014-01-23
>    MISSREF*R(1G)   18.0      20.9  draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-40                          C214        309       2014-02-11
>    MISSREF*R(1G)    9.7      10.0  draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-03                       8         2014-04-28
>    MISSREF*R(1G)    8.0       8.0  draft-dunbar-armd-arp-nd-scaling-practices-08                        14        2014-05-12
>    MISSREF*R(1G)    3.0       3.7  draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-17                                           19        2014-06-11
>    MISSREF*R(1G)    2.0       3.4  draft-ietf-trill-esadi-09                                            41        2014-06-13
>    MISSREF*R(2G)    1.0       2.7  draft-goix-appsawg-enum-acct-uri-07                      C202        8         2014-06-18
> 
> 
> #### RFC Editor Queue Summary:  2014-07-08 ####
> 
>    State             total #       total #      Median Wks    Average Wks
>                      docs          pages        in state      in state
>    EDIT                   31            711            2.6            2.8
>    RFC-EDITOR              2             57            1.8            1.8
>    AUTH48                 24            584            1.8            2.4
>    AUTH48-DONE             1             33            0.0            0.9
>    AUTH                    3            104            1.1            1.0
>    IANA                    0              0            0.0            0.0
>    IESG                    0              0            0.0            0.0
>    REF                     1             59            0.0            0.1
>    MISSREF(1G)            14            720           49.9           47.1
>    MISSREF(2G)             1              8            0.0            1.0
>    MISSREF(3G)             0              0            0.0            0.0
>    ISR                     0              0            0.0            0.0
>    ISR-AUTH                0              0            0.0            0.0
>    TO                      0              0            0.0            0.0
> 
> 
> Totals:    77 docs    2276 pages
> 
> 
> ####   Cluster Definitions   ####
> 
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/all_clusters.php