Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] State of SoWs

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 16:27:46 -0500

To help with tomorrow's conversation, here's a short summary of where I 
think the various SoW are in their production:

Not directly RFC Format related:

* DOI - I have an outstanding request from Tony to include how the 
schema for the index needs to change in the document. I expect to turn 
that around later this week. Julian suggested even more changes to the 
schema, but I think we should put those in a separate project.

* Automated Statistics and Reporting - the version I sent to this list 
today is ready to go modulo issues this team finds.

RFC format related:

* rfclint - I need to produce a new version addressing comments from 
Russ and Heather (this week)
* xmldiff - Russ suggested requiring that this run locally. That's more 
than we're currently asking of rfcdiff. Lets get consensus to include 
that or not tomorrow, and I'll revise this SoW this week to reflect that.
* text submission converter - done and waiting for others to be ready so 
we can send things out in a bundle
* v2 to v3 converter - Do we continue to pursue an SoW for this, or 
trust that the volunteer efforts are going to cover this need?
* publication formatters - I've sent a strawman but do not yet have feedback

The conversation around rfclint reminded me that we need program to 
validate our profile of SVG. I have not started an SoW for that, but 
expect I can have one to the list before Toronto.

RjS

---

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 15:04:43 -0700

> schema, but I think we should put those in a separate project. 

With the changes in references in general coming out of the revised
Style Guide, I think Julian's suggestion rolls up more efficiently into
that effort than in the DOI effort.

-Heather