Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] advise sought: developing a CSS

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:06:15 -0700

Hello Tools Team,

What would be the best way to go about getting help to create the CSS
for the new HTML publication format?  I can think of a few options, but
I'm not sure what would be the best and most appropriate one for this
community.  I can think of pros and cons for each.

Should I:
a) post to rfc-interest and ask for a volunteer?

b) put out a more general call asking people to design them, and post
all the results so people can pick and choose their own favorite CSS
(with one specifically chosen to be published in the HTML version of an
RFC)?

c) go through an SoW/RFP process?

Advice is welcome.
-Heather

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:32:44 -0500

> community.  I can think of pros and cons for each.
I think there are two goals in play that should be split apart.

1) Creating the final CSS that you will use in publication.
2) Creating a strawman CSS that we can use to start talking about the 
development of that final CSS.

I would ask a volunteer for the strawman, and I think you'll get a lot 
of quick input on improvements
to that strawman. The result will be useful while showing prototypes of 
the canonical and publication
formats. But this strawman doesn't have to be perfect - it just needs to 
be good enough to show where
this can go.

Once we have a strawman in hand, then I would ask the community at large 
to submit their own designs.
The strawman's existence will answer a large number of questions that 
you might otherwise have to field
without it.

> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development