Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Input for the next tools call

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 15:34:18 -0500

Again, to try to help keep the call within time, here's a summary for a 
few of the agenda items.
(I'll send an update if anything changes before the call)

Expected Releases:

   See <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan>
   In particular, better support for the IRTF will be released very soon.
   The schema change release is still a few weeks away.

   Note that we have had several bugfix releases this period, and
   another is imminent. For details see
   <http://datatracker.ietf.org/release/> and
   <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/report/28> (Recently closed 
tickets)

Agenda Scheduling Development:

   Stephanie is continuing to test the scheduling code using the dt-test 
instance.
   All the major corrections have been deployed, and production is ready 
for the
   actual IETF90 scheduling work, modulo any additional bugs Stephanie 
uncovers.

Agenda Display:

   There are two bugs remaining that I know about (coloring rows, and 
the contents
    of the main .ics file. I've queried the WG chair list for any others 
that still exist.

Sandbox Datatracker:

   I'm discussing how to deploy a sandbox with Ryan, Matt,  Jermaine, 
and Alexa.
   We're currently considering deploying on a cloud server, leaving the 
instance running
   for the week, and updating/resetting its copy of the database once a 
day (in the wee
   hours). I've asked if we can easily prototype this ahead of time. 
I'll send a more complete
   description as we get further into the conversation.

Loading old messages into the archive:

   The reload is completed and deployed. This reload added about 200,000 
messages,
   bringing the total above 1.7 million. It brought in missing messages 
from the IESG
   and SIP lists in particular. It also built the groundwork for more 
easily adding older
   messages in the future. Right now, we're re-importing idn and adding 
older
   messages for mmusic and bmwg. We expect to have a copy of the archive 
for ips
   soon.

IETF Website Makeover

   The revised SoW is out for community review. Brian Carpenter pointed 
to some
   suspicious URLs in the list of URLs in published RFCs (they turned 
out to really
   be in the RFC series), and while showing that was the case, I found 
edge cases
   in the script that extracts them to improve that uncovered two more URLs.