Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Fwd: New datatracker release: v5.0.0

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:58:00 -0600

IAOC members:

I wanted to make sure you were aware of this release in case you weren't 
on one of the lists that gets these announcements.
It is a major milestone.

I'd like to add to what's below that Henrik deserves special thanks - he 
has been at the heart of this progress from the beginning.

RjS

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New datatracker release: v5.0.0
Date: 	Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:11:51 +0100
From: 	Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release,
v5.0.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (5.0.0) ietf; urgency=medium

   With this release, a journey which started in 2008 with a *major* redesign
   of the IETF database schema has reached its goal.  We've now converted the
   datatracker completely to the schema designed then, swapping out all the
   models that were changed, converted the database, swapped out all the GUI
   code that was built against the old models, and polished off a host of minor
   issues arising from the conversion.  All this while completing and
   integrating 10 major functionality enhancement projects and releasing more
   than 50 minor releases, with not a single day of downtime.  A history of
   release notes is available here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/release/

   In addition to bringing in the last scheduled polish of the conversion,
   this release also brings in an upgrade of the Django framework from version
   1.2 to 1.6, which gives us a number of new tools and possibilities for
   future work.
   
   A particular mention goes to Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>, an outstanding
   programmer at the small Danish firm IOLA, who has been doing a lot of the
   heavy lifting in coding the shim-layer which made it possible to change the
   database schema without a total re-write in the spring of 2012, followed by
   the major code re-write which has taken place since then to get rid of all
   the parts which were written to the old database schema.

   Thanks also goes to all the IETF code sprint participants who have
   contributed, and to Robert Sparks in particular who has contributed *a lot*
   to make it all come together.

   There are still some parts of the schema that need an overhaul, and plans
   exist for addressing those, but overall we should be in good shape for the
   near future, with some room to grow :-)

   Detailed change information is available at:
   - http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk
   - http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/branch/iola/djangoport
   - http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/branch/iola/shimfree

  -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  28 Jan 2014 0:04:11 +0100

The new version is available through SVN checkout, with
   'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/5.0.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)