Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Fwd: Would you be willing to spend some time doing early testing of our new web archive tool?

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:28:56 -0600

tools-development folks:

I am recruiting the next round of testers for the web-based archive (see 
the message below).
I would appreciate it if each of you would also spend some time with 
this test instance.

The server is at http://test114.ietf.org/archive. Please exercise it 
some before and after you
log in to it. (It uses your datatracker credentials.)

Note that this test instance is loaded with a static snapshot of the 
archive (taken Nov 19), and
is not ingesting new messages at this time.

We are aiming for production deployment in the next 2-3 weeks - anything 
you can help us
find now will save us pain then.

Please don't distribute the link to the test instance. If there's 
someone else you think should
be in on early testing, let me know and I'll coordinate bringing them 
online.

Thanks,

RjS

---------------

Greetings!

We are very close to deploying the web-based email list archive search
and browsing tool that we
gathered requirements for in RFC6778. I am looking for several
volunteers to spend as much time
as they are willing to exercise a test instance.

We're wanting people to look for errors - things like getting surprising
search results, messages
from lists they didn't expect, unexpected UI behavior, normal use cases
that induce a server failure,
and so on. Make sure it works for your expected use, and then please try
to stress it with weird requests
(but don't try to overload it - we have other tests that are doing that).

We're also interested in suggestions around the UI design and new
feature requests, but please note that any of these
changes of that nature will be captured for later work.

If you're willing to take the time to participate in this early test,
please reply and I'll send you the server details.

Thanks in advance!

RjS

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:49:44 -0600

Update: we're needing to relax the apache access configuration - if you 
try to get there right now,
you're probably being refused. Apologies - I'll send a note when the 
configuration has been changed.

RjS

On 11/25/13 1:28 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> tools-development folks:
>
> I am recruiting the next round of testers for the web-based archive 
> (see the message below).
> We are aiming for production deployment in the next 2-3 weeks - 
> anything you can help us

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:11:57 -0600

You should be able to access this system now.

RjS

On 11/25/13 1:49 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> Update: we're needing to relax the apache access configuration - if 
> you try to get there right now,