Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Complaint about WG chair tracker and its development

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:44:25 +0100

Hi,

Unless there has been large changes in how you work I think this group
can attempt to address my gripes.

As a WG chair I feel obligated to use the WG chair tracker. But frankly
I think it is still functioning poorly and is less than obvious how to
use. Not that the old IESG tracker was stellar, but it was significantly
better than how the WG tracker works. Or maybe it is just strange for
someone that got use to the old IESG tracker and its later updates.

The largest gripe I have with its design is that I can't get to the
often used functionality easily, i.e. change document state. That should
be a button I as WG chair have in the view showing the WG's docs.

The next is that the navigation isn't logical, for example most pages
are missing links to get back to the WG view directly. Instead I have to
go through fold out menu or use multiple clicks.

I also find most pages where I need to provide info is not intuitive. I
have to think about how I use them. Especially the change state page
with its separation and not clear interaction with the pages buttons.

My next set of gripe is that I have sent feedback but haven't received
feedback on my feedback. Which makes me less inclined to provide any
more feedback.

I don't know what plans or resource you have to do more on the WG
tracker but it is an obstacle rather than help for the moment in my
personal view.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------