Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] HTML versions of specs on tools.ietf.org

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:00:46 +0100

Hi there,

me confused :-)

See

	http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-core-link-format-11.html

The ID submission tool doesn't support HTML upload, so this was 
generated on the server, right?

If so, here are a few comments:

- whatever is running there uses an outdated version of rfc2629.xslt (" 
Revision 1.539, 2011-01-02")

- the content is served as text/html but actually is XHTML, causing 
validation errors in the browser

- it appears the content actually has been post-processed by some tool, 
causing some things to break; for instance the @profile attribute has 
been mangled

(if you want XHTML, don't use rfc2629.xslt and post-process it but run 
rfc2629toXHTML.xslt instead)

And one question: why do certain HTML links on tools.ietf.org 404? For 
instance: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-18.html

Best regards, Julian