Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools-Related Notes from IESG Retreat

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 13:43:57 +0200

Here are some rough notes from IESG discussions yesterday.

###

Tools-Related Notes from IESG Retreat
May 2011

Legend:
  AI = action item
  FR = feature request for the wish list
  FYI = merely an informational note

AI: add a cookie to choose format below document "header" on
datatracker.ietf.org (e.g., plain text vs. HTML)

AI: re-add ability to Last Call on RFC to go from Proposed to Draft

FYI: moving to one button (no longer "Edit" vs. "Change state")

AI: allow "AD is watching" as initial state

FYI: add sub-State for "Waiting on WG"? use "External Party" instead

AI: don't show DISCUSS box unless click "discuss" radio button

FR: at https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/agenda/documents/ allow
"Download PDFs" (or other formats)

FYI: move historical discusses to History tab? No strong desire for this...

FYI: might need template for media type registrations (these are IETF
contributions because asking for IETF consensus) -- no need for
"registration-*" yet, Pete and Peter to follow up after IANA-related
discussions happening now

FYI: possible need for "liaison-*" in the future, as well

AI: want to see IPR disclosures in auto-generated Last Call text

FR: pull downrefs into idnits

AI: auto-include abstract in write-up

FR: wrap the preview for "save and send email"

###

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 16:02:28 +0200

Hi Peter,

Two of the items below are already in my code tree and will be part
of the next release:

On 2011-05-03 13:43 Peter Saint-Andre said:
...
> AI: want to see IPR disclosures in auto-generated Last Call text

Coding done.  Will be part of next release.

...
> FR: wrap the preview for "save and send email"

Coding done.  Will be part of next release.

Best regards,

	Henrik