Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call: 17 November 2010

From: Steve Conte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:46:36 -0800

Hi All,

Here is the notes from today's call.  As always, any errors contained are more than likely my own.

Steve

------

Tools Call - 17 November 2010

Attendees:

Russ Housley
Henrik Lebkowitz
Steve Conte
Julian Reschke

0 - Bash the Agenda

1 - Sprint Logistics

Other than food issues, was there anything else that needs addressing for future sprints?

HL - No
SC - No 
RH to speak to Marcia about how to address future

2 - xml2rfc

RH - Tony put a day in and finished xml2rfc (working late).  Someone recommended that it
be deployed as experimental release.  

JR - proposals weren't looked at prior to changes, so application isn't working as 
expected.  Also while introducing changes to new boilerplate, the old boilerplates 
were broken.  So there's more work to do before it's ready for production.

Next steps: Tony is traveling, but should be online by end of week.  Will need to decide
vocabulary changes for boilerplate.  Approx. 1-2 hours when Tony returns to fix.

RH - needs to wrap up discussion for architecture rewrite.  Some people felt that 
pagination is important.  Pagination is also dependant on device being read (ie, via
kindle, epub, etc)

use IDIQ or go broader to make next changes?

Discussion about using NROF (?) or html

HL: Not a Django thing, but would probably be good as Python.  Suggests polling of
relevant tools folks.  JR doesn't have experience in python so no opinion 

RH to raise this to IAOC and ask for their thoughts.

3 - List discussions

More and more messages from people to the tools-development list instead of tools-discuss.
Would be better to use tools-discuss list for general discussions so list manager setup
should be changed slightly to suggest non-list members to start at tools-discuss and 
moderate list

Need Ray (admin for tools-dev) to make necessary changes

-----
Steve Conte
[email-masked]

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:01:31 -0500

NROF --> nroff

On 11/17/2010 11:46 AM, Steve Conte wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development
>