Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Agenda problems with IRTF stream documents

From: "Polk, William T." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:59:32 -0400

We have recently had a number of cases where an IRTF stream document ended
up on the wrong part of the agenda.  After the document was reviewed by an
AD, they issued a ballot but the document ended up on the agenda as an ietf
stream document.

Two recent examples were draft-katagi-clefia and
draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation, which appeared on the telechat agenda under
section 3.2.2 (Individual Submission Via AD, Returning Items) instead of
3.3.1. We were not ready to make a recommendation regarding
draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation, so it was moved to the Nov 18 agenda.  Once
again, this draft appears in section 3.2.2; it really should be in 3.3.2
(Independent Submissions, Returning items).

I am guessing this is a tools bug, although it could be driver error.  I
can¹t figure out where I went wrong with the clefia draft, though.  (The rrg
doc isn¹t mine... Can't say anything about that one.)

Could we add this to list of issues to be addressed?  This is a minor issue,
since we can fix it with an email to the secretariat, but it does have
greater impact since most directorates use the telechat agenda as one factor
in assigning reviews.  Since the security directorate (and I presume all
other directorates) do not review irtf and independent stream submissions
this does consume precious engineering cycles needlessly.

Thanks,

Tim Polk