Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] changes in balloting workflow

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:28:35 -0500

I'm finding the change to the ballot position editing a bit awkward.

Specifically, when clicking on the box-of-positions in the right column of
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/agenda/documents/>, I get the popup
window with the current positions and discuss/comment text. That popup
has an "Edit Position" button. Pressing that button causes a new page to load,
replacing <https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/agenda/documents/>, containing
a new form that allows me to select a position and enter some text (which is nice, 
but I rather miss the columnar summary of positions that we had before). Once
I complete the new form, I end up on the datatracker page _for that draft_, not the
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/agenda/documents/> page I started from. For
my workflow, that's very disruptive. I have to back-button (or bookmark) my way
back to <https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/agenda/documents/> every time.

For a short-fix, it would be ok with me if this new form showed up in a new tab
instead of navigating away from <https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/agenda/documents/>
in the current tab.

RjS

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:15:02 +0200

On 2010-08-12 14:58 Alexey Melnikov said:
> Robert Sparks wrote:
> +1.

Seems fine to me.  Who implements?

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:58:19 +0100

+1.