Subject: Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Updated IESG Datatracker Coming Very Soon

From: "Glen Barney (AMS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:20:45 -0700

The new version 3.00 is now deployed.

Glen

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 01:43:36PM -0400, Russ Housley wrote:
> The following short preview of the upcoming changes was prepared by
> Henrik.  It is short because he doesn't think the updated interface
> should require a lot of explanation.  Also, we would rather hear about
> concerns and fixed them instead of documenting a problematic UI.
> 
> Of course, Henrik is not a IESG tracker user, but he has seen the code
> from the inside, so I do not expect serious trouble.
> 
> Russ
> 
> ----------
> 
> This release adds the IOLA port of the former Perl IESG datatracker to
> the Python/Django datatracker.  This should make most AD actions on
> drafts available through the Django datatracker, normally from the
> datatracker.ietf.org/doc/<draftname>/ page or from the /doc/ad/.../
> page, or expressed UI-wise: from the pages reached from the 'AD
> Dashboard' menu at the top of the lefthand menubar in the datatracker.
> This includes actions such as:
> 
>     - Change draft state
>     - Edit draft metadata
>     - Defer ballot
>     - Handle ballot comments
>     - Handle ballot writeups
>     - Approve ballots
>     - Initiate last call
> 
> Secretariat staff actions supported through the Django datatracker now
> includes:
> 
>     - Manage telechat dates
>     - Manage working group descriptions
> 
> Tweaks to the new interface and capabilities will be releases with
> a short release cycle, as they are discovered and fixed over the next
> weeks.
>

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:39:19 -0500

I think I see how to do everything I want to do in the new pieces of the new tracker.

One change I would like to request is removing the reschedule dropdowns from
the list of documents on future agendas - there's an easy way to do that on the
individual documents page and that action is infrequent enough that the one(two?) 
extra click shouldn't be more pain than the cleaning up from me accidentally touching
things I should be changing on a page that I click on a _lot_.

To save others on the IESG from a little bit of hunting:

The new place to edit the writeups and request last call is now on the
writeups tab. For example, see the button at the top of:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-address-format#writeups>
which takes you to
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-address-format/edit/ballotwriteups/>

The long awaited ability to clear returning items is at
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-address-format/edit/info/>
which you get to with the new edit button on the document's primary page
(This is also where you can change the telechat date that I was pointing to above).

RjS

On Jul 16, 2010, at 1:20 PM, Glen Barney (AMS) wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:48:14 -0400

Please look at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states/edit/state/
as an example of a concern.

I see no way to put this document into:
  Waiting for AD Go-Ahead :: Revised ID Needed

Are some pull-down menus missing at the top of the page?

Russ

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:04:09 -0400

In the AD Dashboard the "Working Groups" link doesn't work.  I get:

Internal Server Error.

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete 
your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in 
a script used to generate the requested page.

Please contact [email-masked].

spt

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:41:50 -0500

Hi - 

I'm not able to use the new tracker to take the next step with
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory/

The document is in the tracker, and the writeup sections were 
edited some weeks ago using the old IESG tracker (I can look at
it with the old tracker now and see the text).

However, the Writeups tab in on the new tracker page is not available?

What am I missing?

RjS

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:01:48 -0400

I do not see a way to provide the AD write-up or issue a ballot for a
document.  The tabs at the top of the document page are grayed out if
the write-up does not already exist or the ballot does not already exist.

Russ

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:27:24 -0500

I ran into this today as well.
Those tabs are greyed out even if the write-up _does_ exist. 
Is it the ballot being issued that currently makes the tabs become available?
(I'll go look at the code later today if somebody doesn't answer before then).

RjS

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 00:04:28 +0200

Hi Russ, Robert

> the write-up does not already exist or the ballot does not already exist.

Hmm.  Right.  Ok, I'll fix that first thing in the morning.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:56:11 -0400

> Hmm.  Right.  Ok, I'll fix that first thing in the morning.

Are you fixing that, or IOLA?

Ray

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:50:57 +0200

Hi Ray,

> Are you fixing that, or IOLA?

I've sent one more substantial (but less urgent) change off to IOLA
to have them fix it, while quick fixes I'm doing myself -- I haven't
heard back on the more substantial fix yet, and I'd rather get to a
point where things actually mostly work for people as fast as possible.
Then we can send things that aren't seriously impacting adoption off
to IOLA, and go back to a slower release pace than the current every
2nd day schedule.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:54:28 -0400

> things I should be changing on a page that I click on a _lot_.

I second this.  It seems odd that I can reschedule somebody else's 
document without deferring it.  Or does my hitting reschedule mean it 
gets deferred?  I also like it without because the interface is a 
little more streamlined.

spt