Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] RFP: Requirements Development for Alternate Streams Extension to the Data Tracker

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:27:59 -0400

Requirements Development for Alternate Streams Extension to the Data  
Tracker

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the  
IETF, announces this Request for Proposal to develop the requirements  
for data tracker extensions for the Alternate Streams - the Internet  
Architecture Board (IAB), the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF), and  
Independent Submissions. The successful bidder will enter into a  
contract with the Internet Society.

The current Data Tracker infrastructure provides support for the work  
of the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG), the IETF  
Secretariat, and through the ietf.org website provides information to  
the community at large. The current tools are written in Perl and  
Python and interface with a MySQL database.

The primary goal of this project is to develop consensus on a set of  
requirements for extending the Data Tracker to capture and display the  
progression of Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) from the time they are accepted  
as candidate for the IAB, IRTF, or Independent Submissions document  
stream through to the time the stream manager approves publication as  
an RFC, or the document is declared to be “Dead.”  Also, the Data  
Tracker provides the community the information needed to process,  
monitor and manage I-Ds in an open and transparent manner. One or more  
of this project’s deliverables may be used to issue an RFP for the  
design and development of these enhancements to the Data Tracker

The community engagement process to be used for this project shall be  
in accordance with normal IETF working methods and expectations.   
These include participation in IETF meetings and e-mail discussions,  
off-line chats, and the creation of one or more I-Ds for review and  
comment by stakeholders and the community.

The RFP can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html

Proposals must be received via email at [email-masked] no later  
than May 3, 2010, 5:00 P.M. EDT. All questions/inquiries must be  
submitted in writing and must be received no later than midnight, EDT,  
April 16, 2010. Responses to questions and inquiries shall be posted  
on the IAOC website, iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html by midnight, EDT,  
April 23, 2010.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative  
Director, Ray Pelletier.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director