Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Fwd: Upcoming Datatracker User Interface Changes

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:52:33 -0500

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Upcoming Datatracker User Interface Changes
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:28:52 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

The Tools Team will be rolling out some major improvements to
datatracker.ietf.org within the next 1-2 months.

These improvements should make information about drafts and their
status easier to find. The IESG has been testing this interface for
some time already, and has found it a big improvement over the current
one.

However, scripts that do "screen-scraping" (parse information from the
HTML pages) are likely to break. Instead of screen-scraping HTML, it
would be better to provide the information in machine-readable form;
some interfaces are already available, and adding more can be
considered. If you want to know more, please join the tools-discuss
list, and tell what information your scripts need.

Note that this code is developed by volunteers, so bug reports and
other comments should be sent to the [email-masked] list, not
the IETF secretariat.  If you have complaints you'd like to see
addressed, or suggestions for improvements, please also consider
volunteering to help: an IETF code sprint will be arranged in
Anaheim, too.

Instructions for joining the tools-discuss list can be found here:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss/