Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Left column of datatracker.ietf.org is not the same as www.ietf.org

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 16:41:14 -0500

I just noticed this...  Shouldn't these two systems have the same 
left column content?

Russ

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:55:49 +0100

> I just noticed this...  Shouldn't these two systems have the same

Well... that's a good question. My personal opinion (at this time) is
that they probably should not.

I view www.ietf.org as "hypertext documentation about IETF", and
datatracker.ietf.org as a "document management application".

The best UI for the former probably isn't the same as best UI for the
latter.

But datatracker.ietf.org actually has two different left columns:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/

I think one should be enough (and it's probably needless to say which
version I prefer :-). And of course, http://tools.ietf.org/ has a
different left column..

Best regards,
Pasi