Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Fwd: Need volunteer for continued support of xml2rfc

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:31:15 -0500

We need a volunteer to take over the maintenance of xml2rfc.  Is 
someone on this list interested?  If not, where should we look for a volunteer?

Russ

>From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:40:35 -0800
>Cc: [email-masked], Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>,
>         Carl Malamud <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [Trustees] continued support of xml2rfc
>
>greetings.
>
>the 10 year anniversary of xml2rfc arrived this summer. it is fair to
>say that i am no longer interested in supporting it. however, i am
>informed that there are substantive number of incremental changes to
>the boilerplate forthcoming.
>
>this may be problematic given that a substantive number of I-D (and
>subsequent RFC) submissions are made using the tool.
>
>it is, of course, the trust's prerogative to make changes to the
>boilerplate whenever you want; however, in the absence of changes to
>the tool, to do so will dramatically increase manual processing of
>submissions, reducing productivity and introducing errors.
>
>accordingly, i suggest that you identify alternative technical
>resources to maintain xml2rfc, and that those resources are in place
>prior to any change of the boilerplate.
>
>/mtr

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:33:45 +0100

Russ Housley wrote:
> We need a volunteer to take over the maintenance of xml2rfc.  Is someone 
> on this list interested?  If not, where should we look for a volunteer?
> ...

In particular, what's needed now is somebody with TCL skills; I can help 
maintaining the vocabulary (for instance, wrt the boilerplate changes).

BR, Julian