Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Python IDIQ RFP Announcement

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:10:58 -0500

The Internet Society and the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee  
(IAOC) are seeking one or more vendors to provide Python development  
services using the Django framework. Proposals from any commercial or  
non-commercial vendor are welcome.

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards development work  
is supported by an IT infrastructure using MySQL database and tools  
developed in Python.  Some earlier tools developed using Perl are  
being phased out.  The IETF is undertaking the Life Cycle Datatracker  
Project and desires to enhance the current tool infrastructure with  
Python using the Django framework and to extend the current  
architecture to support authors, working group chairs, the RFC Editor,  
the IANA administrators, and others.

The Internet Society (ISOC) desires to enter into an Indefinite  
Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Master Services Agreement (MSA)  
with one or more software development companies with which to  
accomplish its objectives.  The MSA is an Indefinite Delivery/ 
Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract as it cannot be determined at this  
time the nature and number of applications that will be necessary to  
complete the project.  The MSA shall be for a three-year period with  
an option for two, one-year extensions.   Through the MSA, ISOC,  
through the IAOC, will thereafter issue Work Orders for the delivery  
of specified software.

Awarding a contract or contracts will be a two-step process:
1.  Responses to this RFP will be used to identify qualified vendors  
to proceed to step two;

2. Invited vendors will be asked to provide pricing information for  
the development of a specific application, the assumptions and  
analysis used to reach that price.

The Python IDIQ RFP can be found at this location:  http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html

Proposals are due 5:00 P.M. EST (UTC-5) 11 December 2009.  Questions  
regarding this RFP are due no later than 16 November.  Answers will be  
posted at the above address no later than 20 November.  Proposals and   
questions are to be sent by email to [email-masked].

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:15:28 -0500

All;

Please forward to any you may think qualified.

Thanks
Ray

On Nov 2, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> services using the Django framework. Proposals from any commercial  
> or non-commercial vendor are welcome.
>
> The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards development  
> work is supported by an IT infrastructure using MySQL database and  
> tools developed in Python.  Some earlier tools developed using Perl  
> are being phased out.  The IETF is undertaking the Life Cycle  
> Datatracker Project and desires to enhance the current tool  
> infrastructure with Python using the Django framework and to extend  
> the current architecture to support authors, working group chairs,  
> the RFC Editor, the IANA administrators, and others.
>
> Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract as it cannot be determined at  
> this time the nature and number of applications that will be  
> necessary to complete the project.  The MSA shall be for a three- 
> year period with an option for two, one-year extensions.   Through  
> the MSA, ISOC, through the IAOC, will thereafter issue Work Orders  
> for the delivery of specified software.
>
> regarding this RFP are due no later than 16 November.  Answers will  
> be posted at the above address no later than 20 November.  Proposals  
> and  questions are to be sent by email to [email-masked].
>
> Ray Pelletier
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development