Subject: Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Notes from Today's tools call

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:51:23 -0400

External Tools That the RFC Editor Uses

    o  xml2rfc: http://xml.resource.org

    o  xml2rfc validator: http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-valid/

    o  rfcdiff: http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht

    o  Bill's ABNF Parser: http://tools.ietf.org/tools/bap/abnf.cgi

    o  ABNF extractor: http://tools.ietf.org/abnf/ [only works on an
       existing RFC or I-D.  RFC Editor requested that it be changed so
       that any file could be updated so that we could extract ABNF from
       edited files.]

    o  Online rfc-what-i-mean processor: http://www.isi.edu/touch/tools/

    o  xmllint: to check XML

    o  SMICng: to check MIBs (local copy)

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:17:00 +0200

>     o  xml2rfc validator: http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-valid/

(Now at http://fenron.net/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-valid/ )

>        that any file could be updated so that we could extract ABNF from

I've put up a service for this at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/aex/ .

>     o  SMICng: to check MIBs (local copy)

Regards,

	Henrik