Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Question about entering conflicts in tools to schedule meetings

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:08:56 -0600

Russ and I were  talking with Marcia and Wanda this morning about  
scheduling. There are several meetings such as the area meetings that  
can not conflict with any other meeting in the area. For example, the  
dispatch WG in RAI is not going to have any other RAI WG scheduled at  
the same time as it. Today we list all the WG in RAI as conflicts.  
What would be easier for Marcia and Wanda, and easier for the chairs  
and ADs, would be if we just listed the area, "rai" in this case, as  
the conflict and this was treated as an short hand for all the WG in  
that area.

I'd like to ask the WG Chairs to start doing this but I want to check  
that this is not going to cause big problems for folks developing the  
tools. Is this reasonable for both the back-end tools Glen is doing  
and the front end tool others are doing?

Thanks, Cullen

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:11:20 -0700

We have not started to address Marcia's new scheduling system yet; I am
fine with this in principle, but the tools team may be able to shed more
light on this.

Glen

Cullen Jennings wrote:
> the same time as it. Today we list all the WG in RAI as conflicts. What
> would be easier for Marcia and Wanda, and easier for the chairs and ADs,
> would be if we just listed the area, "rai" in this case, as the conflict
> and this was treated as an short hand for all the WG in that area.
> 
> tools. Is this reasonable for both the back-end tools Glen is doing and
> the front end tool others are doing?
> 
> Thanks, Cullen
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:36:09 +0200

>> the front end tool others are doing?

I don't see that this creates any trouble for any non-secretariat tools.
(I don't know of any that uses this information currently, and any future
tools can surely be made to deal with this as long as the area abbreviations
are consistent and unique.)

	Henrik

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:57:50 -0400

> I don't know of any that uses this information currently, and any future
 > are consistent and unique.

I suggest area-XXX or XXX-area.  Each area has a three letter abbreviation.

Russ