Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Looking for a missing table in the datatracker

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:04:45 -0700

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 02:04:54PM +0300, Lars Eggert wrote:
> I know that when I clicked the "View Meeting Materials Page" link at the 
> bottom of https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_proceedings.cgi it 
> took me to a page that had a big table with all the WGs listed by area, and 
> it showed whether they had requested a slot, uploaded slides and uploaded 
> minutes.
> I note that that link 
> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=75) 
> is now redirected to https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/75/materials.html 
> - maybe the *redirect* was changed?

Dear Tools Team -

I have a problem I'm trying to chase down that seems to be leading me in the
direction of the datatracker.  Lars is looking for a grid showing WGs listed
by area, as he mentions above.  I am not familiar with this grid at all, so
I am basically gather rumors from many sources and compiling them here, in 
the hope that this rings a bell for someone.

I believe that, in the past, we had a page, and that someone asked me
to redirect a static page to the datatracker.  (I am searching old email
for details of this, but that's a long search!).

The short version is that:

1. There used to be a page that displayed the big slot-request table.
2. The script/page we think was related to this, along with possibly other
	pages, was redirected at the request of the tools team to:
	https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/75/materials.html (URL 
	adjusted per meeting, of course)
3. That page is apparently supposed to display the big-slot request table,
	but it appears to not be doing so.

Marcia just did a test in which she tried to set up the agenda so it would
display correctly; however, the agenda did not display at all when she ran
this test.  She commented that she thought that the redirect went a step
further - to the Tools servers, which themselves were now displaying the
agenda, rather than the datatracker.

Since Henrik is out of town, and we have to have the agenda up before his
return, my only choice appears to be massive surgery.  Before I undertake
this, I thought I would check to see if anyone here could shed any light
on the functionality Lars is referring to, where it might be now, and how
it might be repaired.

Needless to say, the display of the meeting agenda is clearly a "critical"
tool - so if it exists elsewhere I need to move it and/or get it working
right now.

Any help, insight, pointers, reminders, or other information would be most
appreciated.

Thanks!
Glen

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:52:54 -0400

> for details of this, but that's a long search!).

As far as I know, redirecting
public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=75 to
/meeting/75/materials.html was one of the initial rewrites that we did
in first deploying the django-based tools.

> 1. There used to be a page that displayed the big slot-request table.

In 2007?

>        adjusted per meeting, of course)

As part of the deployment of the django-based tools?

>        but it appears to not be doing so.

That page uses the wg_meeting_sessions table to decide what to
display; all the existing rows for IETF75 have status_id=1 and the
page only wants to display rows with status_id=4.

> agenda, rather than the datatracker.

I'm not sure what you're actually saying here.

> on the functionality Lars is referring to, where it might be now, and how

Henrik rewrote the agenda code in March for the SF IETF.  It hasn't
changed since that.  Nothing has changed about the meeting_materials
code (the one that Lars is pointing to) in the last 2 years.

> Any help, insight, pointers, reminders, or other information would be most

I'd be happy to try to help but I don't have any visibility into the
tools that you're using to "make the agenda work".

  Bill

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:07:38 -0700

Comments inline, two questions at the end.

>> 1. There used to be a page that displayed the big slot-request table.

Having never seen this myself, I do not know the answer to that.  This
request came from Lars, who said that the functionality used to be
there, but no longer is, and asked for it to be restored.

I see no record that we (the secretariat) have removed anything; I can
only assume that the code to display the grid he is searching for should
be in the datatracker.

> As part of the deployment of the django-based tools?

Possibly.  I had thought I had remembered something more recently, but
what I remembered turned out to be a request from Pasi pertaining to the
TELECHAT agenda (not the meeting agenda.)  So this may be wrong.

> page only wants to display rows with status_id=4.

Can you educate me as to the meanings of the various status codes?

> I'm not sure what you're actually saying here.

What I mean by this is that the secretariat is telling me that they
believe the grid Lars is looking for will not appear until the
secretariat actually starts scheduling sessions - which they have not done.

Marcia went in and tried to "start scheduling sessions" - that is, she
went in and did whatever she does to try to start the scheduling
process, under the assumption that her actions would cause the grid to
display.

It turned out that her actions had no effect on the datatracker output.
 This is just a datapoint, not a complaint, at this stage.

> code (the one that Lars is pointing to) in the last 2 years.

Okay.

> tools that you're using to "make the agenda work".

I wouldn't expect you to tear apart the secretariat tools as those are
clearly not your problem (or fault! ;-) ) but those tools have not been
changed since we took over... so roughly "the last 2 years" either.

I guess my questions, then are two:

1. Lars - when was the last time you saw this grid?

2. Bill, and others - does such a grid as the one Lars describes in his
email actually exist in the datatracker; and, if so, where is it?

If we could get answers to these two questions, that should help unravel
this mystery.

Thanks,
Glen

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:14:08 -0400

> email actually exist in the datatracker; and, if so, where is it?

It exists, and is where Lars thinks it is.  I modified the code to not
say "that meeting has past" and the 74 version is
http://runaway.fenron.com:2468/meeting/74/materials.html

  Bill

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:17:58 -0700

Bill - Thank you for this.

Okay - just to confirm -

Lars, is this what you were referring to?

If not, we need more info.

If it IS what you were referring to, then at this stage I have no reason
to believe anything is broken; rather, I think we need to just wait
until the secretariat actually starts scheduling sessions in the system
for real - which, as I said, happens starting the 22nd.

Then if it's still not working, we'll figure out why and debug and
correct it.

Thank you all for your support and help with this!

Glen

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:29:06 +0300

> Lars, is this what you were referring to?

Yes

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:46:05 -0700

Okay, I've since been informed by Marcia that she did some additional
work, and scheduled the APPAREA group, and that they are now in fact
showing up at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/75/materials.html
where it is supposed to.

So it seems that everything works as intended, and that it's just a
matter of the schedule doesn't show up until the secretariat starts
adding the schedule data into the system.

Thank you all for your assistance in sorting this out!

Glen