Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tool Meeting Update

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:52:27 -0400

All;

At the Tools meeting in SF we discussed Mission Critical Tools and  
Services and an approach to gathering information, identifying mission  
critical tools and services, and possible hosting by the Secretariat.

Next Steps
1. Lucy to prepare a template for information about each tool for  
distribution to the group for review
   - a meta database, listing all tools and their dependencies; where  
they live, what other tools they affect or are affected by. Would be  
good to understand the impact of any one change on the other tools.

2. Template to placed in a wiki on tools.ietf.org

3. Tool developers to be invited to fill in the template

4. A Mission Critical Review Team would be set up from the group to  
review and identify those that would be deemed mission critical and:
   a. how a tool has been written and if we can maintain it (or if  
it's some obscure code)
   b. the budgetary impact of maintaing the tool and if we can afford  
thats

5. Mission Critical tool developers would be approached to authorize  
hosting on ietf.org because the tool is so important to the IETF.

6. Russ is to develop a  policy statement for the transfer of mission  
tools to secretariat

We would measure our progress in Stockholm.

Ray

---

From: Lucy Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 11:01:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> All;
>
> At the Tools meeting in SF we discussed Mission Critical Tools and Services 
> and an approach to gathering information, identifying mission critical tools 
> and services, and possible hosting by the Secretariat.
>
> Next Steps
> - a meta database, listing all tools and their dependencies; where they 
> live, what other tools they affect or are affected by. Would be good to 
> understand the impact of any one change on the other tools.

I'm still in travel hell (England this week) so look for something
from me after the 10th

> 4. A Mission Critical Review Team would be set up from the group to review 
> and identify those that would be deemed mission critical and:
> a. how a tool has been written and if we can maintain it (or if it's some 
> obscure code)
> b. the budgetary impact of maintaing the tool and if we can afford thats
>
> 5. Mission Critical tool developers would be approached to authorize hosting 
> on ietf.org because the tool is so important to the IETF.
>
> 6. Russ is to develop a  policy statement for the transfer of mission tools 
> to secretariat
>
> _______________________________________________
> TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development