Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Code Sprint Assignment

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:28:19 -0500

All;

Attached is a proposed Assignment document prepared by our attorney for 
your review and comment.

Will this work?

Ray
_______________________________________________
TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-development

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:14:14 -0800

Thanks for getting this out. It looked mostly like what I expected  
with the exception I was a little surprised not to see the usual  
indemnification clause. Are you looking to have everyone get their  
employers to sign it?  In a case like mine where clearly I am doing  
this as part of my employment with Cisco, it seems like likely about  
the same agreement could be used with Cisco as Assignor but would  
have to redo the first para to remove the "individual" part. Once it  
is clear what changes are needed here so that a employer is doing the  
assignment, I'd like to go ask Cisco legal to see what they say.

I'm pretty concerned that in the case of Cisco legal they will not be  
keen on this because it requires them to sign this before they see  
what patents or trade secrets they would be releasing under it.

Cullen

On Nov 19, 2007, at 7:28 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> All;
>
> Attached is a proposed Assignment document prepared by our attorney  
> for your review and comment.
>
> Will this work?
>
> Ray
> <IETF_Code_Sprint_Assignment_11-19-07.DOC>
> <mime-attachment.txt>

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:07:13 -0500

Cullen and others
Attached are re-worked Individual and Corporate Assignment forms.

Ray.

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:34:57 -0800

Thanks Ray - I have put PDF version of those on the sprint WIKI at

http://www3.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/VancouverSprint

And I changed the last sentense in the Licensing section so that the  
section when from

OLD

The copyright to the current set of tools is owned by the IETF Trust,  
and they are licensed under the Non-Profit OSL 3.0, an OSI-approved  
Open Source License. Code produced by participants in this sprint is  
expected to be licensed in a compatible fashion. The easiest option  
is to assign the copyright to the IETF Trust, so that it can license  
under the same license. More information about compatible licensing  
will be forthcoming.

NEW

The copyright to the current set of tools is owned by the IETF Trust,  
and they are licensed under the Non-Profit OSL 3.0, an OSI-approved  
Open Source License. Code produced by participants in this sprint is  
expected to be licensed in a compatible fashion.  This can be done by  
assign the copyright to the IETF Trust using one of the assignments  
in the attachments section below.

Let me know if there is a problem with that change - I would have  
normal asked people before doing it but given how soon this is, I  
really wanted to the get the stuff on the WIKI.

On Nov 29, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> <Sprint_Individual_Assignment_11-29-07.DOC>
> <Sprint_Corporate_Assignment_11-29-07.DOC>

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:58:17 -0500

wfm
Thanks.
Saturday 0930-1930 Code Sprint - Marine 
<http://www3.tools.ietf.org/agenda/70/venue/?room=marine>

Ray